UKPK Salt availability ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: UKPK Salt availability ?

Post by sal »

I just received my production sample, so it shouldn't be too long. Awesome model, in my opinion.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Is the SE version being released at the same time as the PE model?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

sal wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:11 pm
I just received my production sample, so it shouldn't be too long. Awesome model, in my opinion.

sal
I consider the BD1-N UKPK to be the best value-for-money Spyderco out there, and I can't wait to get my hands on this (even better!) version!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
PStone

Post by PStone »

I got mine in yesterday. Carried yesterday and today. I’m very very happy with it so far. Fit and finish is spot on. One of the sharpest out of the box I’ve had. Very sharp tip too. Crisp solid action. Two things I hadn’t known about the model in general were the 2/3 backspacer and the split spring. I read about the backspacer in the latest Byte and know know about it in other the versions too. But i also thought the split spring was only in the HH g10 version. I’m very happy to see it here. I think think this is a home run and will likely purchase another version soon. Perhaps s110v while I can still find a couple in stock at dealers.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Jeez oh man I can’t wait for this one. Keeping a close eye on this thread.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

PStone wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:38 pm
I got mine in yesterday. Carried yesterday and today. I’m very very happy with it so far. Fit and finish is spot on. One of the sharpest out of the box I’ve had. Very sharp tip too. Crisp solid action. Two things I hadn’t known about the model in general were the 2/3 backspacer and the split spring. I read about the backspacer in the latest Byte and know know about it in other the versions too. But i also thought the split spring was only in the HH g10 version. I’m very happy to see it here. I think think this is a home run and will likely purchase another version soon. Perhaps s110v while I can still find a couple in stock at dealers.

Looks nice, haven't seen it available in Europe yet.
olywa

Post by olywa »

Mine will be in my mailbox today, can't wait. This one will join my S110 and BD1N models. Just a splendid design all around that easily meets almost all of my cutting needs on any given day.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I still want a Golden Urban in this color & steel combination ...
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
mugwump867

Post by mugwump867 »

Got my PE in yesterday. As my first UKPK it's already making me rethink whether or not the Urban really is my favorite lightweight carry. Really stellar knife and I'm already enjoying the worry-free carry it provides in all the rain and humidity.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

National Knives has them in stock for $88.90.

PE - https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... rn-handle/
SE (edit: appears to be oos) - https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... rn-handle/
olywa

Post by olywa »

Mine arrived yesterday and every aspect of it is stellar. Fit & finish, factory grind and edge, centering, as well as the action, all good. The action is actually quite a bit stiffer than my S110 or BD1N but it should wear in nicely. I kinda wish it came in Salt LC200N green, but the yellow is growing on me.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I agree Olywa (and btw, raised in the Spokane area myself) that this would have been stellar in the hi-viz green given the LC200N. Also have been carrying my drop point one and am really wishing they did a salt version with the drop point. And finally, I'm going to stop ordering from the big internet knife sellers, they seem to be the last to ship! Have had mine on pre-order for months!!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm diggin' that yellow! I can't wait to get one of these. I have to get one of these. I have the S110V and the BD1N versions and I have no complaints. In fact, I tend to carry one of them more than other knives, nowadays.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Is it me or does it seem that SE versions of a model have been lagging behind the PE versions lately? Can any Spyderco staffers give us an idea when the SE version will drop?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Has anyone had their Knife Center pre-orders fulfilled yet?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Skeeg,

While the serrated edges have become more popular among the forumites here, the general public is still shy about them.

I'll put in a request for a serrated run. I would like one as well.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Thanks Sal.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks Sal! I'll be grabbing a serrated version asap
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

LC200n UK Penknife pain edge... Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C94YL/2086
•• Beau
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Since it's called UK PK and it was - at least declarative - designed for the UK market out of courtesy I would expect the first batch to be sent into UK and then into the rest of Europe, where there are restrictions everywhere.

Instead it went in stock in US...
Where you can carry locking blades, automatics, ballisongs, machetes, katanas, M60s, AR15s, Glock18s & Desert Eagles, in US a slipjoint is really just a whim.

But now that the HH S30V dropped it looks to me that Spyderco has intentionally delayed the release of LC200N UKPK in UK so that HH is able to sell that delayed S30V exclusive of theirs.

I think this practice is really unfortunate...