UKPK Salt availability ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Demon85z

Re: UKPK Salt availability ?

Post by Demon85z »

skeeg11 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:19 pm
LC200n UKPK Spyderedge
KnifeWorks... https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-uk-penk ... rn-handle/

Edit: Also still at HOB and REC posted above
Website still says "coming soon" for me at knifeWorks.
It will let you add it to your cart and checkout. They may have forgotten to update the whole page, just turned the add to cart button on or something.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

skeeg11 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:24 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:19 pm
LC200n UKPK Spyderedge
KnifeWorks... https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-uk-penk ... rn-handle/

Edit: Also still at HOB and REC posted above
Website still says "coming soon" for me at knifeWorks.
I dunno?... The add to cart button is there for me.
•• Beau
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:39 pm

It says "coming soon" in your screenshot, above the engraving option. Under "sezzle".
So it goes.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

It says "coming soon" in your screenshot, above the engraving option. Under "sezzle".

I wouldn't worry about that little message.
Like Demon85z suggested, sometimes the alerts come before the listings are fully updated. As long as it let's you add to cart, all is well.
•• Beau
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that little message.
Like Demon85z suggested, sometimes the alerts come before the listings are fully updated. As long as it let's you add to cart, all is well.
You're such a smart guy in the ways of commerce. :winking-tongue Got an e-mail response from Jennifer and she removed the "coming soon" bit. Had to add on a K390 Ladybug to make free freight.

Thanks for the heads up and all the hard work you do keeping up with things. :smlling-eyes
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Good to see it arrive around the U. S. No luck in the old world so far, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone seen it in stock in the EU yet?
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Just got the SE delivered to go with the PE. Switched clip side for LH carry.
47264CD7-E933-460A-AA99-BC5C53480AA6.jpeg
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Accutronman wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:11 pm
Just got the SE delivered to go with the PE. Switched clip side for LH carry.

Mine should be delivered in the next hour or two...I'm really excited about this sub-$90 blade!!

Edit to add:

Delivered!

This little blade is awesome!! For under $90, you get a sub-2 oz (1.69), rustproof, intuitive & unintimidating little pocket Piranha...this is the best cutting tool for the non-knife person that I have ever handled (bit of hyperbole I'm sure).

This will become my number one recommendation for non-knife folks, and I'm really looking forward to gifting this aggressive little blade to lots of people who never thought they needed it!

I am, and have been, more excited about this knife than I should be, but it's an amazing cutting tool in an extremely lightweight, unassuming, rustproof package, with great geometry, great steel and great TEETH!! The fact that it's made in Golden, CO ; USA, Earth just puts it over the top...

Thanks Sal, Eric & Spyderco team!!

Very glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

Last edited by Airlsee on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

rhaug wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:41 am
Good to see it arrive around the U. S. No luck in the old world so far, as far as I can tell.

Not as far, as I can tell. I am on the lookout, too.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I am sooo looking forward to these, have PE and SE ordered. Such a great great knife.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Senfkarte wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:01 pm
rhaug wrote:

It's called UK Penknife and was designed for UK market but it's not available in UK, instead it's flooding US dealers :grin-big eyes

This model should be renamed to US-Penknife, designed for restrictive US market particularly for the concerned US citizens carrying their Bump stock AR 15s.

An admin should also rename the topic to USPK Salt availability ?
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:22 am
Senfkarte wrote:
rhaug wrote:

It's called UK Penknife and was designed for UK market but it's not available in UK, instead it's flooding US dealers :grin-big eyes

This model should be renamed to US-Penknife, designed for restrictive US market particularly for the concerned US citizens carrying their Bump stock AR 15s.

I am no expert and do not have any insider information on this, but I suspect that Spyderco ships the knives more or less at the same time to the dealers. It just so happens, that items from the US have to clear customs and in general it may take longer to arrive in the EU, than in the US, where the knives start their journey. Maybe those dealers, that ordered first, get the knife first, I don't know.
And it seems like, this model is kind of popular in the US, too. So why not sell it there too?
I have no proof for this, but I would assume, that most items, that are produced by an european company would hit the shelves in Europe first and later in in the US, as long as there is no sales embargo established by the company.
Waiting to be able to purchase an item is not the most fun thing to do, but I am very sure, that these knives will show up eventually. And they are regular production, so it is not like, all copies will get sold in the US and there won't be any left for the EU market, not that this would have been the case with sprints in the past, either.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Gsg9 wrote:
Senfkarte wrote:
rhaug wrote:

I like your passion! But it's unreasonable to think an order is going to travel 7,500km across an ocean, through customs and arrive in the UK before an order makes it to a US dealer that's within a few thousand kilometers.
I'll take my USPK with a frag pattern and a 4" blade please. :respect
•• Beau
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

It's a Yankee made knife that's already here in the states, but it's not surprising to see that European sense of entitlement. ;) Mine should be here tuesday. Thanx Sal & Co.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Gsg9 wrote:
Senfkarte wrote:
rhaug wrote:

This entire post just comes across as pathetic and whiney. I don't know if that's what you were going for...emoji's or no.
So it goes.
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Gsg9 wrote:
Senfkarte wrote:
rhaug wrote:

Based on your username in conjunction with the remark about US citizens and bump stock AR-15s, as well as the cynicism & impatience regarding availability of the knife in the UK, I'm guessing you have an axe to grind. Sorry, but it has always been a less-than-perfect world. Warum spielst du die beleigdigte Leberwurst?
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

on_the_edge wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 pm
Warum spielst du die beleigdigte Leberwurst?

Today I learned:

“Die beleidigte Leberwurst spielen“ (literally: behaving like an insulted liver sausage) means to sulk, to act as if you have been treated badly for no good reason at all. There is a story where a butcher makes sausages, the Leberwurst takes the longest to cook and is insulted as it has to stay in the kettle while all the other sausages are allowed out into the shop.
So it goes.
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:20 pm
on_the_edge wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 pm
Warum spielst du die beleigdigte Leberwurst?

Today I learned:

“Die beleidigte Leberwurst spielen“ (literally: behaving like an insulted liver sausage) means to sulk, to act as if you have been treated badly for no good reason at all. There is a story where a butcher makes sausages, the Leberwurst takes the longest to cook and is insulted as it has to stay in the kettle while all the other sausages are allowed out into the shop.
:rofl :shush
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

This thread deserves another UKPK Salt Pic!!

So it goes.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

I refuse to get political about the Eurocentric sense of entitlement and just accept that it's the way things are.