Jade para 3 & st nicks red para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Jade para 3 & st nicks red para 3

Post by Mrj »

Hi new here. I was wondering why BHQ jade and black para 3 and st nicks red and black para 3 are so marked up on secondary markets? I know they are very sought after but is there is different reason?
MRj “Weak things break!”
JRinFL

Re: Jade para 3 & st nicks red para 3

Post by JRinFL »

Welcome. Both releases were limited number exclusive releases. The secondary market reflects the scarcity, even if it is a bit excessive. The steel choice in both is also a non-standard selection.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Also, I don't believe those dealers rerun their exclusives. I'm not positive on St Nick's, but I've heard bladehq reps refer to the m4/Jade exclusives as "one and done" like a sprint run. Artificial scarcity drives up prices.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Like others have said, the reason prices are so high is because of scarcity. Companies typically don’t do another run of exclusives. The only para 3 that I know of that has had multiple runs is the BBS M390.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

They are high because there are a TON of people who collect PM2s and Para 3 and some people even try to collect every single variant. Then there are also people who try to collect every variant of the BHQ M4 "family" or every variant of the St Nicks 4V "family". Then theres just people who love Para 3s and want to get a really good tool steel like 4V or M4. Then there's the fact that some people are really drawn to these color combos as they do look fantastic. Many reasons. The REC Para 3 fits this mold as well and goes for even crazier amounts. And as alluded to, while dealers can rerun exclusives, the dealers for the 3 mentioned above all have said they are not going to, so they are limited to the small quantity that were made and then sold out in <5 minutes.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Thanks a lot. I love those color and steel combos as well. The para 3 following is strongest it’s ever been I’ve noticed.
MRj “Weak things break!”