Pry Bar

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yablanowitz

Re: Pry Bar

Post by yablanowitz »

The Probe was made for this stuff, but they're kind hard to find. Among more normal models, I have a Mariner Salt that would get the job.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It is more about the tip usually. Something Sheepsfoot like the Atlantic salt. H1 is also known to bend before it breaks.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

yablanowitz wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:44 am
The Probe was made for this stuff, but they're kind hard to find. Among more normal models, I have a Mariner Salt that would get the job.
An EDC Probe (shorter overall length) could work where the butt end is the pry section, using H1 or something tough. The rest of the knife could be anything with any lock. A pry device could be added to certain knives as well. I think there is a firm offering those already.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I carry a Victorinox Spirit with me everywhere and the center bit is a flathead that's made extra thick to allow for safer prying. It's handy for hubcaps and reasonable amounts of prying. I have a crowbar in my truck for anything that puts up a real fight.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David