SPY27 PM2 Colorado Edition

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Henry_P

Re: SPY27 PM2 Colorado Edition

Post by Henry_P »

In my opinion I feel like the scales clash with the blade design. That could be changed in the aftermarket with custom scales though.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

The knife sounds like a great idea!

But remember, there are 50 states, territories, and one USA that knives could be made for.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

Way too gaudy-looking for me.

Jim
remnar

Post by remnar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:16 pm
Aftermarket scales? That 3" of flowing American flag would be glorious at a 4th of July Barbecue! :)
You are correct but I've already got my 4th of July barbecue knife so it'll be a pass from me. :D

Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Great knife!
Put on some OD Green scales and do a blade swap with a satin finished one and it's perfect.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Chapp wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:06 pm
jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:22 pm
Withdrew knife bashing comment.
Why ?

It does absolutely no good to throw negative comments out there. Just because I really dislike the knife doesn't mean that it isn't someone else's grail.
What you call a negative comment, I just call another opinion. We need all of them, not just people worshiping knives or decisions. That's how you create an echo-chamber and I really would like the forum to stray away from it as far as it can.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

These things often look quite different in the flesh than the catalogue interpretation. You might be surprised. Or not. I quite like it!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:22 pm
I actually really like Colorado g10.. definitely different, and a cool nod to Golden. With a satin blade, I'd be all over it. The US flag blade though, combined with the CO g10 looks absolutely.. *shiny footprints, shiny footprints, shiny footprints* .. much too busy for my preferences. I think it's one of those knives that will be a really cool collector's piece in 20 years.. there's just too much going on there stylistically for me to be interested in buying/owning one haha..
I'm with you. I like the CO flag scales, and I lived there for 10 years, so I'd want one if it had a satin blade. But I don't love the flag on the blade.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sal

Post by sal »

Our market has grown considerably over the past couple of years and it's ever more diverse than before. Trying to serve the different preferences does present it's challenges. No knife is going to be good for all.

SPY27 is our own baby ( actually mine ) and time will tell it's worth. This is one of the early "historical" presentations.

Our first Police model said "PIG" on the blade. Try to find one now 36 years later. We made 2400.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 am
Our market has grown considerably over the past couple of years and it's ever more diverse than before. Trying to serve the different preferences does present it's challenges. No knife is going to be good for all.

SPY27 is our own baby ( actually mine ) and time will tell it's worth. This is one of the early "historical" presentations.

Our first Police model said "PIG" on the blade. Try to find one now 36 years later. We made 2400.

sal

I'm going to be really let down if I don't see a knife with the bread truck laser etched on the blade somewhere.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:33 am
sal wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 am

sal

I'm going to be really let down if I don't see a knife with the bread truck laser etched on the blade somewhere.
That's one of my favorite logos from Spyderco, aswell.

Humble beginnings provide a perspective in business, that is severely lacking today.

These days, it's all about "image". If you don't have it, pretend you do, until you do. It's unfortunate, really.
Your past struggles are what makes you who you are.

As the Buddhists say, "Life is to suffer. We must accept this and understand that, from this suffering, comes the strength and knowledge to better yourself.

Celebrate the struggles, be grateful for your successes and use that success to help others.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:32 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:22 pm
I actually really like Colorado g10.. definitely different, and a cool nod to Golden. With a satin blade, I'd be all over it. The US flag blade though, combined with the CO g10 looks absolutely.. *shiny footprints, shiny footprints, shiny footprints* .. much too busy for my preferences. I think it's one of those knives that will be a really cool collector's piece in 20 years.. there's just too much going on there stylistically for me to be interested in buying/owning one haha..
I'm with you. I like the CO flag scales, and I lived there for 10 years, so I'd want one if it had a satin blade. But I don't love the flag on the blade.
Thinking on it, I may have to buy one an do a scale swap hahah.. idk, I really like the CO scales for some reason.. and the flag might look ok with the right color set of scales.. blurple maybe?
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

I Love it as is. I say it is a testament to Sal and his family, celebrating so many accomplishments and showing insane skills on a steel that he invented, while operating globally from Golden, CO.

I tip my hat to all that it is and all that it means.

I have been patiently waiting my chance to get one, and one for my son, who was born in CO and will be attending college back in CO in the fall.
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Has there been any announcement on the number of pieces in this sprint run? I really want the SPY27 blade and CO flag scales but I'm worried since pretty much every knife release on every site lately has been either an instant sellout or a total mess. Or both.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

When is this available?
MRj “Weak things break!”
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

"Color...Ado"
That is all.
Zygote

Post by Zygote »

I monitor this knife daily waiting for it to drop, it feels like it’s been over a year now that it has been on the “coming soon” list...there have definitely been several reveals released while we patiently wait. A knife I’m looking forward to getting my hands on.
JAX320
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Saw this in Cutlery Shoppe's Instagram stories... is the release imminent soon?

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Well, I had things I needed to do this week, but I guess I'll be cancelling everything in favor of camping on the page for this knife and frantically hitting the refresh button every other second for the foreseeable future.

Interesting that Cutlery Shoppe has pics when it's not going out to dealers. Are those the SFO counters in the background?
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Not sure how to embed video but here's the link- https://www.instagram.com/p/CP53wKDjR-b/