There's something that's a little overdue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: There's something that's a little overdue

Post by Woodpuppy »

No... then I lose all my open tabs and have to log back into everywhere.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I think you have to do that for the new banner to show up.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:57 pm
Shouldn't be the case if you only clear your cache. A cache is simply a local copy of frequently used images,it isn't saved passwords and tabs.
:unicorn
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:57 pm
I didn't lose any of my 50 tabs clearing my Android phone and tablets cache. They all had to refresh, but they were still there.
•• Beau
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Alright I bit the boolit... cleared history & website data, still no joy.
vivi

Post by vivi »

That's the only one you should need to clear.
:unicorn
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Apple user here; best I can find is “clear history and website data”. Even duckduckgo and Firefox browsers show the same gray header in both phone orientations. When I go into general->iPhone storage there is a system usage stat that says it includes caches but as far as I know you can’t get into it. I’ll try powering off/on. After that I’ll just have to live vicariously through others.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:26 am
Apple user here; best I can find is “clear history and website data”. Even duckduckgo and Firefox browsers show the same gray header in both phone orientations. When I go into general->iPhone storage there is a system usage stat that says it includes caches but as far as I know you can’t get into it. I’ll try powering off/on. After that I’ll just have to live vicariously through others.
I don't know anything about iphones but i found this on Gadgets360. Maybe it will work for you?
If you are having an issue with a particular website, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
Now use the search bar at the top to find the website you’re looking for. When you find it, swipe left and tap Delete to clear cache for that particular website.
•• Beau
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:01 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:26 am
I don't know anything about iphones but i found this on Gadgets360. Maybe it will work for you?
If you are having an issue with a particular website, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
Now use the search bar at the top to find the website you’re looking for. When you find it, swipe left and tap Delete to clear cache for that particular website.
Thanks for the effort; I dumped the entire thing not just this site. It’s worth doing it on some interval anyway to get rid of all the tracking widgets. Made no difference.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

You ever try CCleaner? Free version, just watch when you install so you dont add a browser add on.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Hey folks, they rotated to another banner that should not be controversial anymore... ;) :p

Would be cool if there was a place where all the previous banners could be seen when they get more and more (this is just the second one of course)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:34 am
Hey folks, they rotated to another banner that should not be controversial anymore... ;) :p

Would be cool if there was a place where all the previous banners could be seen when they get more and more (this is just the second one of course)

Not controversial? There are at least two active threads concerning folders and their suitability for food prep :D
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

mikey177 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:47 am
Wartstein wrote:

Not controversial? There are at least two active threads concerning folders and their suitability for food prep :D

:p Good point!! ;)

So perhaps the question is: Can they even do a totally UN-controversial banner? ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Thanks for the heads up. I now realize I pay no attention to the banner, but I really like this one.
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

I like all of Spyderco's banners. As an American outdoorsman I find nothing controversial or untoward about the last one. The failure of some Europeans to understand or appreciate certain freedoms or liberties we Americans enjoy is neither here nor there. Europeans have been telling Americans what to do or not do, Like or not like, think or not think and how we should live our lives has been going on since before the dawn of the American Revolution.
Last edited by skeeg11 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

C'mon man. Really?
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:52 am
mikey177 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:47 am
Wartstein wrote:

:p Good point!! ;)

So perhaps the question is: Can they even do a totally UN-controversial banner? ;)
Even if the banner is a bare Spyderco logo, folks may still find something to nitpick about it.

As long as humans have free will, there will always be differences in opinion. And that is perfectly fine as long as we treat each other with respect and understanding.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

It took me a while to find this thread... New banner pic is up!
•• Beau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Green and not yellow!? Where do I lodge my complaint?

;) :rofl

Apologies to Mikey177
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

^ Haha. Nice banner. I have a Salt just like that. Though I'm also hoping that the MagnaCut Native comes out soon :smlling-eyes
salt2 wharnie yardwork 02.jpg