how can I rust proof my native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Abyss_Fish

how can I rust proof my native?

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Howdy. I've had a blade-swapped native salt (lc200n blade into a linerless g10 body) for a while now, and my only issue is some light corrosion on the inside of the backspacer and on some of the screws. I'm wondering what my best bet is for stopping that corrosion, it's my main "active" folder so it gets sweaty often.

Are there any "at home" solutions? Charing the parts over a fire or something like that? There's a company near me that does powder coating but it's mostly industrial and I'd think such a special project would be pricey.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Henry_P

Re: how can I rust proof my native?

Post by Henry_P »

For liners and backspacers I have had luck with mineral oil or frog lube. As for the screws, for the threads blue loctite should keep away corrosion. If you are talking about the heads of the screws then I’m not sure.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Marine tuf cloth
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Did you use the Salt hardware? Maybe find titanium screws.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

When I do blade swaps on backlocks I usually swap the lock bar with it and all the hardware. I basically just swap scales.

Otherwise I suggest any firearm rust inhibitor. Lots of choices but keep it oiled and it won’t rust.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Eezox is your friend! ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin