CANIS.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sid137

CANIS.

Post by sid137 »

So well-named...
This knife makes me realize that evolving in your knife tastes could mean recognizing that a production folder is better than your expensive customs.
Last edited by sid137 on Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRinFL

Re: CANIS.

Post by JRinFL »

Argh, no IG account for me so I cannot view your pictures.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:57 pm
Yeah I don't really like when people start a thread with links to their IG account. Seems like it's just an attempt to get more followers. If they really wanted forum members to see the pictures they'd take the time to upload them to an image hosting site and them link them in the thread. It's not that hard. I was going to take screen shots and post them but then I decided to not waste my time. It's only pictures of a Canis in the first link and pictures of a Canis and a few customs in the second. No big deal IMO
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sid137

Post by sid137 »

Actually, it’s a private account that I temporarily de-privatized for this share.
No big deal for me either.

quote="Sharp Guy" post_id=1496384 time=1613762744 user_id=26711]
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:57 pm
Yeah I don't really like when people start a thread with links to their IG account. Seems like it's just an attempt to get more followers. If they really wanted forum members to see the pictures they'd take the time to upload them to an image hosting site and them link them in the thread. It's not that hard. I was going to take screen shots and post them but then I decided to not waste my time. It's only pictures of a Canis in the first link and pictures of a Canis and a few customs in the second. No big deal IMO
[/quote]
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Handled it at the SFO. I had to make myself do it because it has zero eye appeal to me. (Having enough prior experiences I know my eyes can get it wrong). Was totally impressed with the knife and it is now on my shortlist. Had to try an inexpensive Wharncliffe first to see if I'm ok with Wharncliffes, currently EDC'ing a Rockjumper and took to it quickly.

Will return to SFO for another round of handling before I make my final decision... but will likely own in the future.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
sid137

Post by sid137 »

Very cool.
cycleguy wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm
Handled it at the SFO. I had to make myself do it because it has zero eye appeal to me. (Having enough prior experiences I know my eyes can get it wrong). Was totally impressed with the knife and it is now on my shortlist. Had to try an inexpensive Wharncliffe first to see if I'm ok with Wharncliffes, currently EDC'ing a Rockjumper and took to it quickly.

Will return to SFO for another round of handling before I make my final decision... but will likely own in the future.

CG