Pimp da CruCarta / Z-Wear Shaman?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Pimp da CruCarta / Z-Wear Shaman?

Post by archangel »

Who of you has replaced the stock backspacer of their CruCarta Shaman with a Flytanium? Brass, copper, or plain titanium? Share pics please! :) I especially would like to know which matches the Micarta better, copper or brass.

I already ordered an MXG deep carry pocket clip. Not sure about the backspacer yet.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Wartstein

Re: Pimp da CruCarta / Z-Wear Shaman?

Post by Wartstein »

archangel wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:27 pm
Who of you has replaced the stock backspacer of their CruCarta Shaman with a Flytanium? Brass, copper, or plain titanium? Share pics please! :) I especially would like to know which matches the Micarta better, copper or brass.

I already ordered an MXG deep carry pocket clip. Not sure about the backspacer yet.

As far as I am aware of you don´t share pics very often, which would be totally fine of course!
But: When your pimped Shaman project is completed, I´d sure like to see it... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hmm, I've never considered this. But a patina'd copper backspacer with my already worn in scales would probably look pretty awesome. Thanks for the idea! I'm going to look into this.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I wouldn't mess with perfection, haha. Some knives should just be left "stock" JMHO
aquaseafoamshaman

Post by aquaseafoamshaman »

double tap
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:33 pm
I wouldn't mess with perfection, haha. Some knives should just be left "stock" JMHO
I second this I LOVE how it came from Golden...

Plus I already heavily modified my regular shaman.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Aquaseafoamshaman,

Welcome to forum.

sal
aquaseafoamshaman

^Thank you.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Thanks! Left is copper, right is titanium I assume?

Anyone out there put a brass backspacer in their Micarta Shaman? Share a pic or more, please.

I added backspacers to my two Golden classics PM2 and Para 3. I just like the looks better this way. If the color of the spacer matches the color of the scales... :rolleyes: If there'd be spacers for the Millie, mine sure would have one. ;)

SmartSelect_20210219-095832_Gallery_copy_1306x908.jpg
SmartSelect_20210219-095816_Gallery_copy_1306x1022.jpg
The backspacers' color is bright Orange (my fav), in case it doesn't come out right. As always, poor pic quality comes for free...
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:01 am

Thanks! Left is copper, right is titanium I assume?

Anyone out there put a brass backspacer in their Micarta Shaman? Share a pic or more, please.

I added backspacers to my two Golden classics PM2 and Para 3. I just like the looks better this way. If the color of the spacer matches the color of the scales... :rolleyes: If there'd be spacers for the Millie, mine sure would have one. ;)

SmartSelect_20210219-095832_Gallery_copy_1306x908.jpg

SmartSelect_20210219-095816_Gallery_copy_1306x1022.jpg

The backspacers' color is bright Orange (my fav), in case it doesn't come out right. As always, poor pic quality comes for free...

Thanks for sharing, very cool! :)

/ And: There of course ARE backspacers for the Millie! even orange ones (see here for example https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/5194582 ... _active_15)

My Zirikote wood handle Millie from Cuscadi also had a wooden backspacer, I am sure if you contact them, they could probably make you one exactly how you like it! (The backspacer on mine did not go all the way to the front like it does in the link above, but just about halfways like on your PM2)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
archangel

Post by archangel »

Thanks, learned something new! I'll look into it. The Orange backspacer from the link can't be shipped to Germany. I need to see if I find a seller that does.

Now back to the Shamans'! :)
Michael
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:49 am
Thanks, learned something new! I'll look into it. The Orange backspacer from the link can't be shipped to Germany. I need to see if I find a seller that does.

Now back to the Shamans'! :)

Contact Cuscadi! They do have custom scale Millies WITH backspacers, I am sure they would send you "just" a backspacer!

NOW back to the Shamans indeed! :o
aquaseafoamshaman

archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:01 am
Left is copper, right is titanium I assume?
That's correct, copper and ti. I do think the brass would look just fine or better. The copper one was already in the parts/to sell bin, so I just threw it in. Also, the contouring on the stock scales is about as good as is gets.