The spydie folder you would bring in a trip around the world

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: The spydie folder you would bring in a trip around the world

Post by Evil D »

Assuming knife laws would come into play, I'd probably go with the upcoming UKPK Salt in SE. It would be practically maintenance free and your only other concern would be blade length.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Matus

Post by Matus »

It would really depend on the type of traveling, but it if should be trip purely to my preferences, some larger utilitarian blade in LC200N would probably be a good for the type of travel I would like to do (not happening anytime soon for more reasons than I care to put on a list) as one would not have to worry about rust and resharpening would be relatively easy too.

... or, wait a second ... would't it be epic to take a Schempp Bowie around the world? ;)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

FFB202A1-10F1-49D9-923C-B4B667BB6CA3.jpeg
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

With no restrictions on locking blades, nor blade lengths, I'd carry my Native 5 Salt, or maybe the new Pacific Salt 2 with LC200N blade.

With the reality of legal restrictions, I'd go for a UKPK since it's legal most places. I'd probably go for the upcoming UKPK Salt. If I'm going around the world, I'm going to explore and play in the lakes, rivers, oceans, and beaches.
Ric

Post by Ric »

In reality it would be 2x victorinox rambler. Tiny multitool which has many useful functions.

Or the LC200N UKPK.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

My Edgematters Pingo with blue FRN scales and flat grey Gun Koted K390 blade...
Looks "cute" to non-knife folk.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Legalities aside? I absolutely love my CPM-CRUWEAR Military, but it would be too hard to replace if lost. A Siren would be nice. But for ease of replacement and well established record, a VG10 Endura or LC200N Pac Salt would get the job done.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

9E34929C-6573-4E16-8C79-173EBABF23B0.jpeg
Have been loving this thread. I gave it a lot of thought and am going with my Caribbean PE over my 110v PM2 because of the corrosion protection the LC200N offers.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

An around the world trip for me would be adventure focused, so I’ll probably be a little round handed with the laws, and rather be discreet and keep a low profile while passing through urban areas and rather bring something suitable.

Hard decision for sure, but focusing on versatility and weight, I’ll probably go with my LC pac salt se.
I would probably pair it with a my SAK Sportsman, with mini flat head driver, for a low profile people friendly alternative with some basic tools.
And maybe my LM Style ps to have some pliers and a knifeless carry on option.

The last two, I carry quite regularly on urban travels and know they can solve a bunch of different micro problems.
I don’t have a lot of time with the pac salt yet, but it seems like a pretty obvious choice for this kind of adventure.