Gayle Bradley 3 - will there ever be one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Matus

Gayle Bradley 3 - will there ever be one?

Post by Matus »

No, I have not heard any rumours. I am straight up speculating whether there will eventually be a Gayle Bradley 3. Yes, the 2 is already a very good knife (and the same goes for the 1 even though they are quite different), but I think some improvements could be made (for example a more flat/straight spine of the handle, micarta scales, etc.). The reason why I bring this up is that the blade shape and design with that rather deep hollow grind and thin cutting edge is one of the best Spyderco makes. And while I have zero problem with the lock bar (that is indeed not super easy to access), I am pretty sure that this knife would gaine a lot more popularity with a different lock as the fidget factor seems to be one of the main buying factors for many.

I could also very well imagine a smaller version of this design.

What do you guys/galls think?
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Sharp Guy

Re: Gayle Bradley 3 - will there ever be one?

Post by Sharp Guy »

I would think it would be up to Mr. Bradley to decide whether or not changes are necessary and what those changes should be.

I have the GB1 & GB2. Also the Advocate. Not sure what changes could be made that I would consider improvements but I'd be interested to see what a new version would look like

I met Mr Bradley at a Blade Sports event that was held during a gun show here in Dallas. I was able to handle his prototype of a back lock version of the Advocate. It was really nice (thinner than the production Advocate) and I've often wondered if we'll ever see that or what else he's working on.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Matus

Post by Matus »

Of course, I have ignored the obvious - any new Gayle Bradley models would only be possible if there would be further collaboration of Mr. Bradley and Spyderco.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
jdw

Post by jdw »

Sal has mentioned in the past that Mr. Bradley is working on a GB3 but that was pre-covid so there is no telling if that idea has been shelved for a while, but I would be up for one. The GB1 is one of the most solid knives that I have ever owned from Spyderco and I really can't imagine changing a thing about the core elements of the design. I sure wouldn't consider changing it for 'fidget factor'. It's a work knife by design and it excels at being that. There are already plenty of other knives in the Spyderco lineup to 'fidget' with.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
CAD

Post by CAD »

I would purchase a Bradley 3 only if it has a different locking system. Had to return a Bradley 2 with horrendous liner lock stick...
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I would rather see a Sprint of the GB1, as a Ti frame lock. That makes me Salivate...

I wouldn't change the M4, though.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson