Ain´t life great? :) (Just a spontanous little positive post in these sometimes crazy times)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Ain´t life great? :) (Just a spontanous little positive post in these sometimes crazy times)

Post by Wartstein »

Ain´t life great?

Going for a run under a bright winter sun - being outdoors on a cold, crisp day - gratefully feeling healthy, fit and strong - and as well gratefully enjoying my personal best running knife! :)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bobnikon

Re: Ain´t life great? :) (Just a spontanous little positive post in these sometimes crazy times)

Post by bobnikon »

Need a like button!
TKCSA

Re: Ain´t life great? :) (Just a spontanous little positive post in these sometimes crazy times)

Post by TKCSA »

Awesome shot! You are lucky indeed with your view on the run. Enjoy it man, I can tell you that nature is what its all about.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

That's awesome and I can only imagine breathing thw cold mountain air while savoring the clear view all round. Thanks for sharing Wartstein.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Yes, life is pretty good.
benben

Post by benben »

bobnikon wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:31 am
Need a like button!
Yes! Many many times here before!
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Great post.

Having a positive attitude and enjoying the small things is important. If you do that, you can be content even when things aren't going well. Conversely, if you dwell on the negatives, you'll be miserable even when things are mostly going well.

I can't run or bike in the cold because it does bad things to my lungs, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the heck out of a long walk/hike on a cold morning. Something about cold air is just invigorating.

That view is outstanding. As is the chaparral. You're doing it right my friend.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

You and only you control your perspective of the world!

Positive thought creates positive actions and positive actions create positive outcomes.

Great post!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sure is, Wartstein! Last night, I accomplished a major weight lifting goal - something I've been aiming for for years - way ahead of time. I still can hardly believe I finally did it. :rolleyes: ;)

Great post! :thumbsup:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Awesome Meatman! I believe that setting goals is important. I am not always good at it. Keep it up!

I actually accepted a new job yesterday! It is a promotion with better pay and better benefits. I didn’t even apply for it, they reached out to me. Feels good. Looking forward to the change as well as new responsibilities and challenges. When you learn you grow. We’re moving forward. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 am
Sure is, Wartstein! Last night, I accomplished a major weight lifting goal - something I've been aiming for for years - way ahead of time. I still can hardly believe I finally did it. :rolleyes: ;)

Nice! Always a great feeling! I know we've PM'd about working out a few times. I was actually thinking of starting a workout thread, as I was working out one day last week and found myself checking the forum between sets, because I clearly have an unhealthy attachment to this place :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 am
Awesome Meatman! I believe that setting goals is important. I am not always good at it. Keep it up!

I actually accepted a new job yesterday! It is a promotion with better pay and better benefits. I didn’t even apply for it, they reached out to me. Feels good. Looking forward to the change as well as new responsibilities and challenges. When you learn you grow. We’re moving forward. :)
Awesome Darby! That's pretty rare for THEM to reach out to YOU. Hopefully a position that doesn't take away your knife use ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Great thread mate, lovely pic, just don't run with it open ;)
Happy days n hope your weekends a great one.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 am

Thanks Darby and congrats on the new job!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:38 am
The Meat man wrote:

Nice! Always a great feeling! I know we've PM'd about working out a few times. I was actually thinking of starting a workout thread, as I was working out one day last week and found myself checking the forum between sets, because I clearly have an unhealthy attachment to this place :p
Thanks Rick! Yeah it is great. Meeting a long term goal always gives a boost of inspiration and confidence. ;)
I'd be interested in a thread like that!
- Connor

James Y

Post by James Y »

You take such beautiful pics, Warstein! I’m happy for you, and a bit envious of the pristine beauty of your landscapes!

Jim
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

The Meat man wrote:

Nice going mate, what type of lifting?
Went to watch and cheer on the lifters at the Sydney olympics, great sport to watch.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

This is uplifting! Keep it going!!!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Salty Dog wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 am
The Meat man wrote:

Nice going mate, what type of lifting?
Went to watch and cheer on the lifters at the Sydney olympics, great sport to watch.
Thanks! I'm not really into any competition lifting; I just want to get stronger. So I do a lot of different types: free weights (squats, bench press, deadlift), stone lifting, heavy partials, grip exercises, weighted calisthenics, etc. The variety keeps me interested and motivated and helps prevent things from getting stale.
I've been doing mostly free weights lately, so last night was a new PR on deadlift - probably my favorite barbell exercise.
- Connor

Xformer

Post by Xformer »

mikey177 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:10 am
Yes, life is pretty good.
Big thought and prayers for the people who aren't able to enjoy it because of sickness and hardness of life.

But yeah, life is awesome, even in those weird times. Can't wait to see the crisis end so I can see people faces and smiles without masks and bad mood (and to buy a Spyderco Military when they'll be back in stock ahah).