Civilian Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Seven7VII

Civilian Question

Post by Seven7VII »

I’be searched all over, and can’t find a satisfactory answer to my question. Just bought a G 10 Civilian online, and upon receipt i noticed there is no spidey logo on the blade. It is an older knife, and I know that the original civilians didnt have this logo; is there any way to tell if this is legit?

Thanks in advance guys! Sorry for what I’m sure is a repetitive question.
TazKristi

Re: Civilian Question

Post by TazKristi »

Seven7VII wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm
I’be searched all over, and can’t find a satisfactory answer to my question. Just bought a G 10 Civilian online, and upon receipt i noticed there is no spidey logo on the blade. It is an older knife, and I know that the original civilians didnt have this logo; is there any way to tell if this is legit?

Thanks in advance guys! Sorry for what I’m sure is a repetitive question.
Hi, Seven7VII:
Welcome to our forum. Please don't be sorry. Questions and answers are what our forum is for - no matter how many times something is asked.

Do you have any pictures of your knife that you can post? That would be one way for us to try and help. Sometimes, pictures aren't enough, but it's a great place to start.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

What are the tang stamps.
VG10?
Just Spyderco?
G2?
These can narrow the Birthdate. The older the model the greater the chance it didn't have a Spydie logo.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Google image search. Looks like I'm wrong. Civilians without a logo looks random. Although mid-late 90s seems to have more without logos