Did I miss out on the Native Chief Sprint Run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FeistyKat

Did I miss out on the Native Chief Sprint Run?

Post by FeistyKat »

I received a text on Wednesday, 2/11, from BladeHQ saying the Native Chief S90V C244CF90VP was in stock.

I saw the text a little over an hour after it was received, I checked BladeHQ and it was listed as Out of Stock, which makes me think they had some, but now they DON'T!

I didn't receive a notification through the Spyderco app & I don't see anyone on here discussing it, which seems odd and makes me think I DIDN'T miss it.

Someone please help, I'm clueless!
ugaarguy

Re: Did I miss out on the Native Chief Sprint Run?

Post by ugaarguy »

They did hit some dealers yesterday (2/10). Hopefully more will have available them today or tomorrow. I've seen previous sprints trickle out like that.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

All I know is that some seem to have one already, if I see right on my small cell phone screen: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60127&start=25340#p1493179

Anyway, hope you'll get one!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

Honestly, if I do miss out, I won't be too disappointed. I've enjoyed the "Christmas Day" excitement every time I get a notification from the Spyderco app, but honestly, I would probably be just fine with a Chief in S30V.

Although it would be nice to have a high end Sprint Run knife...

Hah, I just checked eBay, I should have thought of that before. There's one available for only $299...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They are in stock multiple places. Google C244CF90VP until you find one. These shouldn’t be too hard to get.

If you don’t want to do the work yourself there are 7 at St. Nicks.

https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... 72f7&_ss=r
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:43 am
Done and DONE!

Now they have 5 left!

Thanks for the tip!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

nerdlock wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 am
BladeOps:

https://bladeops.com/spyderco-sprint-ru ... tin-blade/
Thanks for the link. I just bought one from Blade Ops. I saw them rolling out slowly, which is what I need to get in on a Sprint Run. I'm a happy camper. I love this knife design and S90V!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearfacedkiller

FeistyKat wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:27 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:43 am
Done and DONE!

Now they have 5 left!

Thanks for the tip!
Happy to help! :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Wow, $245US. That went from maybe to nope. S30V will have to be good enough for me on this one.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
rcwill98

Post by rcwill98 »

Naperville

Post by Naperville »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 am
Wow, $245US. That went from maybe to nope. S30V will have to be good enough for me on this one.
JR, I hear you, but I bought one. My purchases have slowed down due to income and the size of my collection. Nonetheless, nothing gets in the way of buying the best knives that I can afford if they are not sold out.

I am sure that the Spyderco Native Chief in S90V is not cheap to make. There is nothing second rate on this knife. It is the best of the best. Because of the staggered and slow rollout, I was able to partake and for that I'm grateful.

The S30V is still a dang nice knife too! Had I not snagged one in S90V, I would have picked up the S30V.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

While I'm not picking one up, $245 is a good deal for this in my opinion.

For example I saw this on my social media: https://urbanedcsupply.com/products/urb ... -exclusive
It's a similarly-specced (and apparently popular) knife for $30 more ($275) than the Chief. And it's got 4mm blade stock (for an "EDC" knife?), worse steel (Elmax vs S90V), is much smaller, and is made in China. That's just indicative of the current state of the market. In context the carbon Chief is a steal at $245.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Yeah, I see where the market is going. I'm just not going to follow. Plus, at my age I'll never wear out what I have out, unless I start misusing them, even if they only have yesterday's super steel.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
bearfacedkiller

All of spyderco’s cf/S90V knives have come with a premium. Look at the Native and Shaman. The Rex45 Chief will be more reasonable and it will be very high performance. I have complained for a while about the upcharge for CF. That said, I might still pull the trigger on this one. I already have 4 of the burnt orange Rex sprints. I’ll quickly forget about the extra cash and afterwards be left with a knife that is different than many of my others.
-Darby
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 am
nerdlock wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 am
BladeOps:

https://bladeops.com/spyderco-sprint-ru ... tin-blade/
Thanks for the link. I just bought one from Blade Ops. I saw them rolling out slowly, which is what I need to get in on a Sprint Run. I'm a happy camper. I love this knife design and S90V!

Welcome! I was surprised myself that they even managed to put it on their front page header. The Z-Wear Shaman never even made it into their featured items so I figured that the s90v Chief might have been a slow seller for them to advertise it right on their front page. Glad you got yours, I'm taking a pass on this though.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Delivered today.

Now this is a knoif! Love it. It is aggressive. Love 4 inch blades on folders. This one will probably share pocket-time with my Hinderer XM-24 Fatty Wharncliffe.

I'd like to buy another one but I don't know if they are still available and if I can afford it until April. Glad that I have this one!!!
rashman

Post by rashman »

so glad I saw this post - got covered up with work and thought I’d missed this Chief Sprint drop too! I did the thing, awaiting shipping confirmation- I’m excited!
- rashman
current fav’s: K390 SS Stretch, PM2 CruWear Mircata, P.I.T.S., Subway Bowie
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:42 pm
Delivered today.

Now this is a knoif! Love it. It is aggressive. Love 4 inch blades on folders. This one will probably share pocket-time with my Hinderer XM-24 Fatty Wharncliffe.

I'd like to buy another one but I don't know if they are still available and if I can afford it until April. Glad that I have this one!!!

These are still at a lot of dealers. I don't know if they'll be there in April though.
•• Beau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:48 pm
Naperville wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:42 pm
Delivered today.

These are still at a lot of dealers. I don't know if they'll be there in April though.
I have one for my right pocket, now I need one for my left pocket!