Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Albertaboyscott

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Archangel
Hope they release it soon. A couple of mine went in and never left. Destroyed to protect our citizens😥
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

Mine left USPS on its way to me on the 13th, no updates on tracking since then. I’m starting to lose hope.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

abiggs wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:41 pm
Mine left USPS on its way to me on the 13th, no updates on tracking since then. I’m starting to lose hope.

There are tons of delays with USPS right now. I have several packages delayed including my Shaman Z-Wear. I wouldn't lose any hope yet. It will get there eventually.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

Henry_P wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm
abiggs wrote:

There are tons of delays with USPS right now. I have several packages delayed including my Shaman Z-Wear. I wouldn't lose any hope yet. It will get there eventually.
Thanks, I hope so. I had a sprint run vanish into the USPS black hole once so this delay with no updates makes me nervous. Fingers crossed!!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

abiggs wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm
Henry_P wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm
abiggs wrote:

Thanks, I hope so. I had a sprint run vanish into the USPS black hole once so this delay with no updates makes me nervous. Fingers crossed!!

Yep, I have 4 USPS and 4 UPS packages "in transit" somewhere in an undisclosed location between the West Coast and East Coast. It sucks because I am impatient, but I'd be shocked if they don't all arrive eventually. I''ve probably shipped 5K+ and received 5K+ packages through USPS in the past 20 years and I can count on my fingers the number that have been lost to the void. Of course the few that were lost were pretty high dollar knives and such. Funny how that happens.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

abiggs wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:29 pm
My shipped from Idaho 2/12, last updated 2/16. Lots of USPS delays from the winter storms, Covid etc. We are spoiled by years of getting mail/packages quickly, this backlog will get better eventually.

Some good news for you, Sooner State Knives is good to go. If he had sold out he would have let you know quickly, stand up guy. It’s in the mail, just delayed.
:bug-red Bow River 8Cr13MoV * Zome Dragonfly VG-10 * Para 3 LW BD1N * Para 3 CPM Rex 45
PM 2 Böhler M390 * PM 2 CPM 20CV * PM 2 CTS 204P * PM 2 CTS Maxamet * Yojimbo CPM M4
Shaman Zapp Z-Wear PM * Spydie Chef Zapp LC200N * Techno 2 CTS XHP * Drunken CPM S90V

Benchmade Griptilian 20CV * Mini Grip S30V * Kershaw Launch 1 CPM 154 * Kershaw Link S35VN
Gerber Applegate Fairbairn Covert ATS 34 * KaBar 1211 AISI 1095 * Cold Steel CS-13QMBIX CPM 3V
matizo469

Post by matizo469 »

My Shaman left Oklahoma City on 2/17 and had no further updates with tracking until 2/23 when it arrived in Pittsburgh. They got it the next day.
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

archangel wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:38 pm
My Shaman arrived at customs office on the 15th - and is still there. :mad: I really really hate how slow they are..... :mad:
Don't want to ruin your day but you could have ordered one from Knivesandtools de and got it quicker!
archangel

Post by archangel »

Yeah but I haven't paid almost 280€...

In fact I know that Selected Knives in Germany sold the few they received for 250€. Now with tax & customs that I will have to pay when I pick up the Shaman eventually, I will end up paying about the same. Maybe a few bucks less. Oh well... it just wasn't safe enough for me to rely on getting one in Germany, and when they reach us.

I never said that ordering in the US is pain free for me. The waiting part sucks....
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:28 pm
Archangel
Hope they release it soon. A couple of mine went in and never left. Destroyed to protect our citizens😥

Sorry to hear that, this sucks big time. So far, all the knives I ever ordered in the US (I guess about 50 so far) arrived at my hands sooner or later. Not one got sacked or lost. Keeping my fingers crossed.....
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

I missed the ones at selected knives - they usually have good prices - but this Shaman wasn't even on my radar so I wasn't looking out for it. Just saw them today at Knivesandtools and lost control of my wallet. It's already in the post!
Vaugith

Post by Vaugith »

Please update me if anyone knows of any sources who have or plan to rockwell test this guy.
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

Are more Z-Ware Shamans going to be produced and come back in stock or was what was made it?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

izzoyournizzo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:06 pm
Are more Z-Ware Shamans going to be produced and come back in stock or was what was made it?
I'm pretty sure the run was all made at one time. There might be more in Spyderco's warehouse waiting to ship to dealers though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

Awesome, thanks for the insight.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Thunderpants wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:36 am
I missed the ones at selected knives - they usually have good prices - but this Shaman wasn't even on my radar so I wasn't looking out for it. Just saw them today at Knivesandtools and lost control of my wallet. It's already in the post!
Hahaha! Exactly the same happened to me. I had intended to wait for the crucarta PM2 but panicked....
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

Update for delivery reference: Shipped 2/12, “in transit” since 2/16. Today 2/27 is “out for delivery”
:bug-red Bow River 8Cr13MoV * Zome Dragonfly VG-10 * Para 3 LW BD1N * Para 3 CPM Rex 45
PM 2 Böhler M390 * PM 2 CPM 20CV * PM 2 CTS 204P * PM 2 CTS Maxamet * Yojimbo CPM M4
Shaman Zapp Z-Wear PM * Spydie Chef Zapp LC200N * Techno 2 CTS XHP * Drunken CPM S90V

Benchmade Griptilian 20CV * Mini Grip S30V * Kershaw Launch 1 CPM 154 * Kershaw Link S35VN
Gerber Applegate Fairbairn Covert ATS 34 * KaBar 1211 AISI 1095 * Cold Steel CS-13QMBIX CPM 3V
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

desmodue wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:21 am
Update for delivery reference: Shipped 2/12, “in transit” since 2/16. Today 2/27 is “out for delivery”
Well?.. Anything?
•• Beau
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 am
desmodue wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:21 am
Well?.. Anything?

We were away from the house when the mail carrier ran his route. We returned home after 10:00 PM and it was in the mailbox.

I opened the box and inspected the knife, and found it to be typical Spyderco quality (as expected) no issues with vertical or side to side play. Bevel is ever so slightly unequal side to side but pretty much as expected for a factory edge. Centering is excellent, the action was slightly tight but is loosening up quickly as I work it. She's a chunky beauty, a keeper for sure.

This is the first time I've seen or handled a Shaman so I was going on faith that it would suit me as well as others have said. It's a winner in my book just going by ergonomics, I expect to validate that with some real use soon. The only knife I own multiples of is the PM2, I think that is going to change.

Thanks to everyone that helped the inept (me) to snag one of these.
Last edited by desmodue on Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archangel

Post by archangel »

Still no progress, mine is still at customs. :mad: 13 days no movement now - unbelievable. :mad: Now I need to go to hospital for a few days and won't be able to pick it up. :mad: My wife agreed to do it. :eek: If they manage to complete their *EDITED - Family Friendly Please* process in a week or so that is. :mad:
Michael