Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jablang
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:08 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Jablang » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:29 am

I hope the SFO gets it in stock again, I want to find out what it smells like. And finally use that Opfocus discount. Nothing I want ever seems to be in stock.

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby nerdlock » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Michael - St Nicks - Now!
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby nerdlock » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:08 pm

archangel wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:02 pm
In stock at St. Nick's.

Got one. :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's already 2AM here and I've only been asleep for 5 of the last 24 hours. Worth it. Really helps to have "saints" to guide you to the right direction. Also helps to block out the complainers about fans missing drops who do not know the additional handicap internationals have. Thanks to all the forumers who have been of GREAT help, you know who you are. :)
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby nerdlock » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:09 pm

JMM wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm
Got one too. :D
koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm
Got one at Omaha Knives!

https://omahaknife.com/product/spyderco ... rtaz-wear/

congrats! :D

Again thanks to the eagle eyed spotters in this forum! :cool:
Last edited by nerdlock on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

koenigsegg
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby koenigsegg » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:10 pm

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:09 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm
Got one at Omaha Knives!

https://omahaknife.com/product/spyderco ... rtaz-wear/

congrats! :D
Thanks and thanks for keeping me honest by posting this here
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut

User avatar
VooDooChild
Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby VooDooChild » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 pm

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:08 pm
archangel wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:02 pm
In stock at St. Nick's.

Got one. :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's already 2AM here and I've only been asleep for 5 of the last 24 hours. Worth it. Really helps to have "saints" to guide you to the right direction. Also helps to block out the complainers about fans missing drops who do not know the additional handicap internationals have. Thanks to all the forumers who have been of GREAT help, you know who you are. :)
I got one from st nicks as well. Was pretty much going to say the same as above. Im not international but I currently work nights. Also want to thank helpful forum members.
sal wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm
... "The edge is a ghost"...

User avatar
archangel
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:02 pm
Location: Wuppertal, Germany, Earth

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby archangel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:17 pm

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:09 pm
JMM wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm
Got one too. :D
koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:07 pm
Got one at Omaha Knives!

https://omahaknife.com/product/spyderco ... rtaz-wear/

congrats! :D

Again thanks to the eagle eyed spotters in this forum! :cool:

^^ This!

Now I have my 35th steel and 38th Spydie inbound. :)
Michael
40 Spydies, 39 different models, 37 different steels

User avatar
araneae
Member
Posts: 5161
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:10 pm
Location: A lil more south of the Erie shore, Ohio

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby araneae » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Sal has indicated larger sprint run sizes but, it would be nice to have an idea of how many z-wear shamans are being made. Having struck out repeatedly despite email notifications at 10 vendors and being subscribed to the other thread, I have to say this is just plain not fun.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Just got: Zcarta Shaman

The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby JRinFL » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:36 pm

araneae wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 pm
Sal has indicated larger sprint run sizes but, it would be nice to have an idea of how many z-wear shamans are being made. Having struck out repeatedly despite email notifications at 10 vendors and being subscribed to the other thread, I have to say this is just plain not fun.
Lots of speculation that it is around ~2500, based on what I do not know. Sal said they made "lots" which doesn't narrow it down, of course. Spyderco is paying very close attention to this one as this, AFAIK, is the first major increase in Sprint run sizes.
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder: Wharnie for the whin! Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.

Hydrolic
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Hydrolic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:43 pm

So how many were able to get one at St Knick's?

rcwill98
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby rcwill98 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 pm

St. Nicks is saying ~2400 on their instagram page.

Spyderman91
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Spyderman91 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 pm

I literally have all retailers up and been refreshing all morning.
Of course the one time I'm on the phone with 911 and dispatching, St NIcks decides:
"PERFECT TIME TO DROP". At this point idgaf if I pay second hand prices. I'll gladly pay 300, but I will
not pay 4.

Pokey
Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 1:11 pm
Location: Thornton, Colorado

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Pokey » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:00 pm

Jablang wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:29 am
I hope the SFO gets it in stock again, I want to find out what it smells like. And finally use that Opfocus discount. Nothing I want ever seems to be in stock.
I posted on the other Forum Shaman topic that at 1:30 yesterday the SFO had some. Hard to say nearly 24 hours later if they still do.

Hydrolic
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Hydrolic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Pokey wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:00 pm
Jablang wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:29 am
I hope the SFO gets it in stock again, I want to find out what it smells like. And finally use that Opfocus discount. Nothing I want ever seems to be in stock.
I posted on the other Forum Shaman topic that at 1:30 yesterday the SFO had some. Hard to say nearly 24 hours later if they still do.
OOS now

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4631
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby steelcity16 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 pm

Mine came from KW today. Feels a little grippier than the Cru-carta did out of the box from what I can remember, which is a good thing. I waxed my old Cru-carta one with Drumstick wax which gave it a lot more grip, but it does darken the color. I'll probably use this as-is for now and add wax later if it needs it.

The scales DO have a smell by the way. Smells like...VICTORY! :D
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby nerdlock » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:23 pm

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 pm
Mine came from KW today. Feels a little grippier than the Cru-carta did out of the box from what I can remember, which is a good thing. I waxed my old Cru-carta one with Drumstick wax which gave it a lot more grip, but it does darken the color. I'll probably use this as-is for now and add wax later if it needs it.

The scales DO have a smell by the way. Smells like...VICTORY! :D

Victory indeed. :) You and Budda are the real MVPs in this quest, this struggle, for many of us to get this knife. Thanks for the timely updates on the other thread. Thanks for helping instead of complaining when people legitimately voiced out their frustration in their attempts to secure one.
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

User avatar
nerdlock
Member
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby nerdlock » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:31 pm

araneae wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:28 pm
Sal has indicated larger sprint run sizes but, it would be nice to have an idea of how many z-wear shamans are being made. Having struck out repeatedly despite email notifications at 10 vendors and being subscribed to the other thread, I have to say this is just plain not fun.

Agreed to your frustration. You can only just imagine how many days I've tried sleeping late or waking up very early with little sleep just to try to score one because of where I live. I'm just grateful to the community here, thankful to the forum members who are genuinely looking out for their fellow Spydie fans. Now I can finally sleep well.

Don't let others stifle your frustration, without it we'll just become a virtual echo chamber. I just hope that you score one too, don't give up.
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

User avatar
Buddafucco
Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am
Location: Tampa Bay, USA

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby Buddafucco » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Encouragement... I know it's aggravating but don't give in to scalpers just yet. The majority of the retailers that i watch haven't dropped anything yet. I can only think of a few of the ones that did that might have unloaded their whole supply. Besides, scalpers prices might be a little lower once they're all trying to unload them at the same time in a couple weeks.
•• Beau

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 6441
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 pm

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:23 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 pm
Mine came from KW today. Feels a little grippier than the Cru-carta did out of the box from what I can remember, which is a good thing. I waxed my old Cru-carta one with Drumstick wax which gave it a lot more grip, but it does darken the color. I'll probably use this as-is for now and add wax later if it needs it.

The scales DO have a smell by the way. Smells like...VICTORY! :D

Victory indeed. :) You and Budda are the real MVPs in this quest, this struggle, for many of us to get this knife. Thanks for the timely updates on the other thread. Thanks for helping instead of complaining when people legitimately voiced out their frustration in their attempts to secure one.
**EDITED - TazKristi**
21 :spyder:'s in 14 different steels
1- Zero Tolerance 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - Bradford Guardian 3/Wharnie Vanadis 4E
1 - WE Knives Gentry

-Rick

SpyderGrill
Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: Shaman Z-Wear Sprint - General Discussion & Support thread - (not alerts)

Postby SpyderGrill » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:12 pm

Lol, yea these sprints and exclusives bring out the crazy, me included. I have 2 Shamans now and would like to add this one to my collection. But Im not going to lose sleep on it. Sure, I hope I can score one, but its not the end of the world if I dont


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cricket Bite, DansGearAddiction, Hambone, Holybotulism, JRinFL, Karl_H, mikeh99, Stuart Ackerman, thebard42 and 33 guests