How?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
potahto

How?

Post by potahto »

Shaman Z-Wear is OOS before its release? Wwwhat gives?
"Harry, your hands are freezing!" -Lloyd
sal

Re: How?

Post by sal »

Hi Potahto,

Welcome to our forum.

It's just the first string of shipments.

sa
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Welcome potahto... love your name and matching avatar!
It showed as "Coming Soon" then it showed as "In Stk" then it showed as "Out of Stock".
Seems pretty normal to me. I think they'll restock at some point.

Early morning edit... Now that i think about it more, you are correct. The first minute or so it showed as "Out of Stk" while the page was being updated. I've noticed this on other dealer websites as well. I assume it's just a glitch in the website software because they have to change the splash page to the listing and then update the number of stock?
•• Beau
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

One thing to keep in mind, the stock status shown on Spyderco's website only reflects the item's status at the Spyderco Factory Outlet. There may be any number of a given knife in Spyderco's warehouse, but none of them may be currently allocated to SFO. The fact that something appears "out of stock" in the middle of the night doesn't mean SFO will not "receive" some once it opens today. Which is not to say that will happen, only that it can happen.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Danke

Post by Danke »

A lot of stores preload inventory online but mark it out of stock till it arrives.
potahto

Post by potahto »

Ah, well that's anxiety inducing :\

I mean, Spyderco can stand on its own two feet. Preorders/backorders will be constant. Why not rack up the orders directly, increase revenue by not discounting in bulk, and save the logistical headaches of shipping to distributors during these COVID delays? Let the distros get the trickle. Also, like Home Depot for example, have both "In stock at store" (SFO inventory) and "Ship to address" (warehouse inventory) option. Customers happy, company happy.

I'm just a new spud making noise. Thanks for the comfort, guys. I'll patiently bake for a while longer :)
"Harry, your hands are freezing!" -Lloyd