Which fixed blade would you like to see in K390 first?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which Spyderco fixed blade should be run in K390 first?

Moran
11%
Street Beat
20%
Temperance 1
5%
Temperance 2
5%
Enuff
3%
Enuff XL
5%
Ronin
3%
Bow River
17%
Aqua Salt FFG
3%
Other
28%

Total votes: 75

Surfingringo

Re: Which fixed blade would you like to see in K390 first?

Post by Surfingringo »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 am
Waterway.

Second choice would be the Enuf, and then the unreleased Enuf XL.
shunsui wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm
Waterway
Thanks for the vote guys.

The Waterway would be high on my list to get the high hardness tool steel treatment. I feel like I’m a pretty objective observer but I know my bias on this one exists so I decided to keep my mouth shut. I think the Waterway kind of gets overlooked sometimes as a camping/hunting/general use fixed blade due to the name and perceived use. I always felt like a version in something like k390 would give some “non watermen” an excuse to give the Waterway a try. That design was always intended to be far more than “just a water knife”. :spyder:
vivi

Post by vivi »

Surfingringo wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:15 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Waterway.

shunsui wrote:
Waterway

The Waterway would be high on my list to get the high hardness tool steel treatment. I feel like I’m a pretty objective observer but I know my bias on this one exists so I decided to keep my mouth shut. I think the Waterway kind of gets overlooked sometimes as a camping/hunting/general use fixed blade due to the name and perceived use. I always felt like a version in something like k390 would give some “non watermen” an excuse to give the Waterway a try. That design was always intended to be far more than “just a water knife”. :spyder:
I think salts in general have this happen. The Pacific Salt and Aqua Salt are two or the best general purpose knives I've owned.

The Waterway is definitely capable of camp craft:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gT_mmsW_jo8
:unicorn
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

vivi wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:52 pm
Surfingringo wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
Waterway.

shunsui wrote:
Waterway

I think salts in general have this happen. The Pacific Salt and Aqua Salt are two or the best general purpose knives I've owned.

The Waterway is definitely capable of camp craft:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gT_mmsW_jo8
Thanks Vivi. I love watching that video. Sometimes a name can have a big effect on perception. Maybe a non stainless Waterway could have a different name? The Silurian was a period of the Paleozoic era that first saw plants and animals moving to dry land. Silurian has a nice ring to it. Would appeal to Dr. Who buffs too. :cool:
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Surfingringo wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm
... Sometimes a name can have a big effect on perception. Maybe a non stainless Waterway could have a different name? The Silurian was a period of the Paleozoic era that first saw plants and animals moving to dry land. Silurian has a nice ring to it. Would appeal to Dr. Who buffs too. :cool:
To quote Connor MacManus: I'm strangely comfortable with it. :D
Karl_H

Post by Karl_H »

A thin Serrata in K390 would be superb.
advan

Post by advan »

Surfingringo wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
Waterway.

shunsui wrote:
Waterway

It's my favorite camping knife. Thanks for bringing it to life! Another vote for Waterway in K390 and second would be Sprig.
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Street beat!!