Question for Sal - re: Seki models getting the K390 upgrade treatement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JMM

Question for Sal - re: Seki models getting the K390 upgrade treatement

Post by JMM »

Greetings Sal, You might have picked up on the frenzied buzz going through the forms since Release 7 hit the streets... many are wondering about which specific Seki models will get the K390 upgrade, and more specifically which ones will get an SE option as well. A number of folks, myself most definitely included are wondering about the SE & PE flavors of the Lil' Matriarch series... They are among my absolute favorite knives I own, and not a week goes by that both don't make it into my EDC rotation. Will we see these two lovely beauties (SE & PE) offered in K390 at some point? Thank you for your time! :) :D ;)

Cheers,

John
vivi

Re: Question for Sal - re: Seki models getting the K390 upgrade treatement

Post by vivi »

I'd be surprised if it sells well enough to warrant it, but I would love a K390 Street Beat. Here's hoping we each get what we're after!

Between what's been revealed already I'm very pleased at how wide of a range of models got the K390 treatment. Sizes from a Ladybug to a Police, PE and SE, and even the Straight Spine Stretch.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:26 am
I'd be surprised if it sells well enough to warrant it, but I would love a K390 Street Beat. Here's hoping we each get what we're after!

Between what's been revealed already I'm very pleased at how wide of a range of models got the K390 treatment. Sizes from a Ladybug to a Police, PE and SE, and even the Straight Spine Stretch.

That´s true!! Really great and thank you Sal for that!

/ Since we can dream: If the Stretch would also come in SE, I would not complain... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
sal

Post by sal »

It's a work in progress. No formal list. Just taking input.

sal
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Well, in that case, I would like to second all 3 opinions expressed here. I'd love a PE and SE K390 lil matriarch as well as a Street Beat in K390.
--Jeremy
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Manbug Wharncliffe please :)

How's TiCN for corrosion resistance? I'd love to see a run of the Seki K390 with black blades.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd support a Lil Matriarch SE and an FRN Cricket SE in K390. I think the Cricket needs upgraded though to an FRN Cricket 2 LW with bidirectional texturing on my scale sides and a wire clip.

A K90 Endelmatriarch SE would be a sweet knife too. A slightly larger blade with a better hand filling handle.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I wouldn't mind a Stretch with the traditional curvy drop point blade, not that straight spine. (Even better, make it a Stretch 1, not a 2).

(I'd probably buy a K390 Street Beat, but I'd rather see that one in a Hap-40 version).
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:27 am
Manbug Wharncliffe please :)
Yes please
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

yowzer wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:10 pm
I wouldn't mind a Stretch with the traditional curvy drop point blade, not that straight spine. (Even better, make it a Stretch 1, not a 2).

I like the way you think... ;)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Two more: The Centofante 3 (With the same blue FRN as the rest and a goldish bug inlay?), and a Spin sprint.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

yowzer wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:23 am
Two more: The Centofante 3 (With the same blue FRN as the rest and a goldish bug inlay?), and a Spin sprint.

Again I like your thinking! :) Though for me the icing on the cake would be an ffg blade for the Centofante.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I will admit been looking for an excuse to get the Centofantane, that would definitely tip it for me.
JMM

Post by JMM »

JMM wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:22 am
Greetings Sal, You might have picked up on the frenzied buzz going through the forms since Release 7 hit the streets... many are wondering about which specific Seki models will get the K390 upgrade, and more specifically which ones will get an SE option as well. A number of folks, myself most definitely included are wondering about the SE & PE flavors of the Lil' Matriarch series... They are among my absolute favorite knives I own, and not a week goes by that both don't make it into my EDC rotation. Will we see these two lovely beauties (SE & PE) offered in K390 at some point? Thank you for your time! :) :D ;)

Cheers,

John

I would like to add...
Stretch2 with a SE option, and a Stretch2 with the classic drop-point blade in PE & SE
SE & PE Wharnie K390 for the Endela & Endura
Matriarch2 - FFG in K390 PE & SE

What about a FFG version of the blade on the Tasmin Salt or on the Dfly2 Salt Hawkbill done with K390 FFG blades

In terms of non-Seki options, I know it's not the focus here, but I'm just saying,
PE & SE Manix2 (FFG)
PE & SE Shaman
SuperHawk in SE & PE
Ulize in SE & PE
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 am
yowzer wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:23 am

Again I like your thinking! :) Though for me the icing on the cake would be an ffg blade for the Centofante.
Nah, gotta keep the hollow grind (And swedge).