SE K390 model list?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

SE K390 model list?

Post by Evil D »

I know Eric mentioned adding teeth to a lot of K390 models, but can we get some official confirmation of what models will be included?

Police 4?
Stretch?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
VooDooChild

Re: SE K390 model list?

Post by VooDooChild »

Endura, endela, delica for now.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

VooDooChild wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:06 pm
Endura, endela, delica for now.

Yeah, I just don't want to pass on these hoping for a different model only for these to get discontinued and then I miss out altogether.
~David
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Sal said the Police 4 is planned to have Serrated Vg10 and K390.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Stretch in SE would be nice!!! It has a great slicing geometry anyway, combined with teeth it should be an even more amazing cutter
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I totally agree with that one thread that a K390 Hawkbill would be in order. I would also like to see some older classics like the Zowada, JD Smith, and Chinook III in K390 as well.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more SE models in XHP. Because that steel is proven and tested in SE. But a K390 Hawkill would be quite interesting and might spur more Hawkill sales. Something like a Spyderhawk, Harpy or even a SUPERHAWK in K390 with a G-10 handle would be super cool IMO..
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey David this might be the ideal blade steel for Spyderco to do a full SE version of the ULIZE model with :cool:

We've just got to get at least one of the "recurve" models in full SE. Why they haven't done it as of yet has baffled me. Look at the success Spyderco has had making blades with some type of curve in SE. The ULIZE would be like having a little chain saw in your hand :cool:
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

You should start a Ulize Campain: No I won't shut up
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Tempted by an SE K390 Endura but not really willing to pay the price when I know it's probably all tariffs, tariffs on EU steel in US, transport to Japan, dunno if there are any taxes in Japan on EU steels, comes back in EU as a "US" product with further taxes and an 133 USD Endura ends up retail on Lamnia at 166EUR = 202USD which is kinda ridiculous...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am
You should really get a life and stop making these assinine posts.
~David
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:59 am
Gsg9 wrote:

Wasn't meant for you, but I know you have this problem thinking about yourself as self-appointed moderator.

I liked the Ulize, was trying to be helpful and push things forward, if "assinine" is what you understood it probably means that it accidentally matches your level...

And speaking of getting "a life", you have 22000+ posts on a forum, so how can you even possibly mention something like that :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:10 am
Evil D wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:59 am
Gsg9 wrote:

Wasn't meant for you, but I know you have this problem thinking about yourself as self-appointed moderator.

I liked the Ulize, was trying to be helpful and push things forward, if "assinine" is what you understood it probably means that it accidentally matches your level...

And speaking of getting "a life", you have 22000+ posts on a forum, so how can you even possibly mention something like that :D

Well forgive me for expecting the worst when you've done nothing but troll me for the last month. I've also been on this forum for 11 years.
~David
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Gsg9 wrote:
This sounds like a good idea!
Donut

Post by Donut »

FFG Lil Matriarch would be up my alley, especially since they're doing a lot of Seki models.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Gsg9 wrote:
Hey Dude I kind of take that as insult directed at myself. Neither David or me have ever rocked your boat or caused you any problems>> being a troll here on the Forum is not appreciated here at all. If you don't like the content of the threads that we have here on the Spyderco Forum then maybe you ought to go find something else to do with your time.

I think it's high time I speak to one of the moderators.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Donut wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:57 pm
FFG Lil Matriarch would be up my alley, especially since they're doing a lot of Seki models.
Even just the standard Matriarch would also be great to try out in K390. But the Lil Matriarch with a blade about 2mm thicker in that model would be awesome and an SD tool and a great EDC for a lot of people.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:39 pm
I know Eric mentioned adding teeth to a lot of K390 models, but can we get some official confirmation of what models will be included?

Police 4?
Stretch?
With those two mentioned I'm thinking of other full flat grinds. The Big Calypso C-54 model would truly be a dream come true for me in SE. That was one of my all time favorite SE models maybe second only to the C-60 Ayoob. But it was awesome and it was one knife I traded that I deeply regret. It was great in VG-10 and I can only imagine how much better it would be with K390 :cool:
JMM

Post by JMM »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:08 pm
Evil D wrote:

Police 4?
Stretch?
With those two mentioned I'm thinking of other full flat grinds. The Big Calypso C-54 model would truly be a dream come true for me in SE. That was one of my all time favorite SE models maybe second only to the C-60 Ayoob. But it was awesome and it was one knife I traded that I deeply regret. It was great in VG-10 and I can only imagine how much better it would be with K390 :cool:
[+1]

Yes Please!!! The C-54 with screw-together instructions instead of the pinned construction the original version has, combine that with a K390 FFG blade that's the same exact shape and size as the original, offered up in SE & PE... I'd be cool with the original colour, but if it were to get the "K390 Blue" that Seki is using (or something close) -- Man that would be an awesome sprint, for sure I'm in for 1ea SE & PE.
JMM

Post by JMM »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 pm
Gsg9 wrote:
Hey Dude I kind of take that as insult directed at myself. Neither David or me have ever rocked your boat or caused you any problems>> being a troll here on the Forum is not appreciated here at all. If you don't like the content of the threads that we have here on the Spyderco Forum then maybe you ought to go find something else to do with your time.

I think it's high time I speak to one of the moderators.
Yeah, Gsg9, IDK what's your damage, but JD & David are two of the most knowledgeable & chill members around these parts, if you're just trying to be a troll for the sake of being a troll, there are lots of other knife related forums that are full of such material... just sayin'. :)

Cheers,

John
JMM

Post by JMM »

Evil D wrote:

Police 4?
Stretch?
Skimming back through the Sal bombshell thread, to my knowledge there is confirmation of the P4 LW, in SE K390 & SE VG10 as well. The Stretch2, although I don't know if that's only going to be for the SS version or if the drop point blade will get a shot at K390 in either PE or SE, I really hope both. The SSS-XL is supposed to get it. I'm actually going to post a Question to Sal on the main page regarding the Lil' Matriarchs because I *REALLY* want to see them get the PE & SE K390 treatment. An SE K390 Hawkbill Dragonfly2 like the Salt would probably be in my pocket every day no matter what for the foreseeable future. :)

Cheers,

John