SE Option for Police 4 LW?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MFlovejp

SE Option for Police 4 LW?

Post by MFlovejp »

One thing that blew the roof off for me with the reveal was all that beautiful serrated K390! I would love to try this combination, so I'm really hoping that this means that the FRN Police model gets the option for teeth. Of all the FRN models, the P4 seems to be the one that fits my hand the best, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Sal, anyone, do we know if this will be an option? Pretty please?
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
vivi

Re: SE Option for Police 4 LW?

Post by vivi »

I agree with everything you said. I really want to try serrated K390 and I can't think of a better design for that than the Police.
:unicorn
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I would buy it over the plain edge version coming, if it will be offered.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I will enthusiastically buy a SE Police4 K390.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

As more and more knife users see the actual "NEED" for serrated blades I think we'll start seeing a return to Spyderco's older protocol from the late 90s/early 2000s where just about all of their models at one time were available in SE & PE both.

While it may not get completely that good again but I do think that the models that are the most "user friendly" will have more availability in in the Spyderedge option. Just like with the upcoming C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run you're going to see more and more serious knife users ask for the SE option up front. The tide is changing in that direction which is the good news.

Any of these POLICE models should be available in SE, PE & CE. I do remember when it wasn't that hard to even find one of the older Stainless Police models in Combo Edge>> and they were a really good user model in CE too.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I actually want a serrated vg10 police 4 lightweight.

Ill take whatever I can get though.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

VooDooChild wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:05 pm
I actually want a serrated vg10 police 4 lightweight.

Ill take whatever I can get though.
I would be very happy with that too! I currently have a P4 LW PE in VG-10 and it is hands down my favorite knife. I want as many options as possible for this [to me] ideal handle shape.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MFlovejp,

The P4 is one of those models that I designed for me so we'll eventually get teeth for it. I carry one quite a bit.

I've also designed a 4.0" blade Straight spine Stretch which we're testing.

sal
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I’m with JD and VoodooChild!
The more serrations the better!
I don’t want all of my knives to be serrated, but a fair amount is my plan. Being able to pick and choose is one of the greatest luxuries Spyderco gives us in my opinion (though I do worry about sometimes asking for too much! :o ).

Edit: Sal beat me to it! Both are knives I’m highly anticipating! The larger Stretch and Police will be an interesting comparison, design wise. Glad the Police is in line for serrations, it’s almost a classic hallmark of the model.
Last edited by Cl1ff on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
vivi

Post by vivi »

sal wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Hi MFlovejp,

The P4 is one of those models that I designed for me so we'll eventually get teeth for it. I carry one quite a bit.

sal
I'm excited for both. I've always loved the Stretch ergonomics but prefer a bit more cutting edge.
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:

sal

I'm very excited for this one. Reveal 8? Reveal9? Are you still looking at releasing it as a production model in Cruwear? Scale color thoughts? Will the Straight Spine Stretch get the Cruwear treatment as well to match this 4" version?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

hah, it would be like a shark's jaw
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
sal

Post by sal »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:41 pm
sal wrote:

sal

I'm very excited for this one. Reveal 8? Reveal9? Are you still looking at releasing it as a production model in Cruwear? Scale color thoughts? Will the Straight Spine Stretch get the Cruwear treatment as well to match this 4" version?

Hi Steelcity,

Sorry, you're on page 10 and still on page 7. ;)

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:41 pm
sal wrote:

sal

Hi Steelcity,

Sorry, you're on page 10 and still on page 7. ;)

sal

Lol, I am impatient when it comes to these things, what can I say? At least I have a few of your previous designs to keep me company while I wait...

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red