Reveal 7 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Reveal 7 Live!

Post by JuPaul »

Another killer reveal! Such great stuff coming out of Seki - that pink and black dragonfly will be mine! And a cru-carta pm2??!! I'm also pretty excited to see sprints of a cool classic Spydie - I'm hopeful for more in the future!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:22 pm
Well... just great!!!

- Been wishing for so long for an ffg SE Endura-platform variant, and now there are TWO (LC 200 Pac Salt and this K390 Endura)?!?!? :) :) :)
- Salt ffg ? Both in drop point and wharnie? At just 1.9 oz? - Finally a BM bugout challenger concerning weight (and for me the clearly better choice)
- Stretch getting variants: Always a good thing!!
- Micarta/Cruwear PM2? Best variant so far (and not a sprint I guess?)?
You were the first person I thought of when I saw a few of those! Time to save those pennies, or whatever the currency is you have over there :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

This Reveal is amazing. There's at least 7 or 8 new must have knives in here for me.
--Jeremy
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:30 pm
Another killer reveal! Such great stuff coming out of Seki - that pink and black dragonfly will be mine! And a cru-carta pm2??!! I'm also pretty excited to see sprints of a cool classic Spydie - I'm hopeful for more in the future!
Sounds like it's going to be a while until you take that CRK leap! ;) Saw you had a fire sale going on a couple days ago and was wondering if you were going to end up with one haha!

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sounds like it's going to be a while until you take that CRK leap! ;) Saw you had a fire sale going on a couple days ago and was wondering if you were going to end up with one haha!
Ha! Yep, I cleaned house a bit, and I've got one more tough decision possibly on the chopping block. I was definitely thinking it'd fund a CRK I've been eyeing, plus an Artisan Arion I reeealy want. But I think there'll be enough for a pink dragonfly down the road, maybe a super cool Viele as well! ;) ;)
- Julia

Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Thanks for the neat knives, Spyderco. This reveal felt like a “lite” version compared to recent reveals, but it was very heavy on substance. I’m excited.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:41 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:32 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Ha! Yep, I cleaned house a bit, and I've got one more tough decision possibly on the chopping block. I was definitely thinking it'd fund a CRK I've been eyeing, plus an Artisan Arion I reeealy want. But I think there'll be enough for a pink dragonfly down the road, maybe a super cool Viele as well! ;) ;)
I feel you there! I WANT to sell 3-4 knives that I have that I don't really carry or use much...but then when I look at them and fidget with them, I decide I don't want to let them go for some reason. At that point in my collection where every knife I have has some sort of use or meaning to me. Kinda sucks! Not to derail this thread, but Artisan really makes some nice knives! One of my buddies at work has a couple and I was pretty impressed with the craftsmanship of both.

This is definitely a killer reveal, already looked at it and a few stood out to me but I'm trying to rationalize with myself that I already have something similar to each one. After about an hour...so far so good :p

-Rick
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

swigert wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:25 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:23 am
OMG!!! A PHEONIX SPRINT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Also... That Crucarta PM2 appears to be regular production!!! :eek:

We will need clarification there. Hard to tell if the sprint run title is for both or just the Phoenix
It is regular production. ;)
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

My, oh my!

Salt UKPK, Lil Native slippie, crucarta PM2 ..... there’s something I want on virtually every page!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Rinzler wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:49 pm
Thanks for the neat knives, Spyderco. This reveal felt like a “lite” version compared to recent reveals, but it was very heavy on substance. I’m excited.
Well said, this is what I was thinking but didn't have the words. Quality over quantity!

-Rick
Ngati Pom

Post by Ngati Pom »

This is the best reveal so far, for me anyway. Although my wallet may disagree. :eek:
Dragoncliffe k390, UKPK, Stretch, lil’ Native.
Not forgetting the new understated Roadies, at first glance I thought they were micarta.
Thanks Spyderco. :)
'The future is already here;it's just not evenly distributed'
William Gibson
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

That Phoenix is wild! I saw one on KnivesPlus the other day in the "bosses collection" and the thing was $400 if I'm not mistaken??
It's a knife I've coveted since learning becoming Spyderco fan. It's a work of art. I really love the original with the bone colored micarta, it had a very classy look. This red G10 version is still very welcome and I'm eager to get one!
-Nick :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm excited to see the Lil Native Slipjoint finally make its way to the market! :cool:

I'm also surprised to see the UKPK Salt is LC200N with yellow scales and not green.

Lastly, the new Roadie colors are awesome. Maybe we can thank Doc Dan for asking for more earth tones? ;)
-Nick :bug-red
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

2021 was supposed to be the year when I would drastically cut back on my folder purchases & focus more on fixed-blades. But there are at least 2 folders in this reveal that I'm definitely getting (Salt 2 Wharncliffe PE in LC200N, Yojumbo All-Black) and at least 4 more that I might be getting (Delica 4 Wharncliffe in K390, UKPK Salt, Li'l Native Slipit, PM2 in Cru-Wear). So there's that resolution out the window :D
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:31 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:22 pm
Well... just great!!!
You were the first person I thought of when I saw a few of those! Time to save those pennies, or whatever the currency is you have over there :p
Thanks! You do know me well :) - It will be saving Euros and (Euro-)cents, and I don´t know how I´ll keep up my "Only ten Spydies at each point in time" -approach anymore :o Don´t really have one I want to sell, but there are some I definitely want to purchase, in this very Reveal...

/ No new Manix version for you though, but I guess you can live with that?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:59 pm
Lastly, the new Roadie colors are awesome. Maybe we can thank Doc Dan for asking for more earth tones? ;)
As I looked through it, I was thinking to myself how so many of those knives were requested by members here on this forum. I'm sure we're a fraction of Spyderco's overall sales, but I think it's pretty cool that they clearly pay attention to what people are asking for. I've noticed it before, but this reveal feels like a Forum Reveal if you ask me!

-Rick
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:38 am
We are SOOOOO close to getting a Wharncliffe Dragonfly Salt!

Also, Will there be an SE version of the UKPK Salt?

Edit: NVM, I missed the bottom serials(both pics are PE)
Yes, there will. The images were a missed edit. I just updated the file, so it should be clearer now. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

:D
TazKristi wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm
swigert wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

We will need clarification there. Hard to tell if the sprint run title is for both or just the Phoenix
It is regular production. ;)
:D :D :D :D
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:59 pm
As I looked through it, I was thinking to myself how so many of those knives were requested by members here on this forum. I'm sure we're a fraction of Spyderco's overall sales, but I think it's pretty cool that they clearly pay attention to what people are asking for. I've noticed it before, but this reveal feels like a Forum Reveal if you ask me!

Yep, I noticed the same. Most have been mentioned in other threads. The Pink Dragonflies, the K390 Wharnies and Stretch, the LC200N Salts and Wharnies, the Cru-carta PM2 (that one obviously has broad demand outside this forum).
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

:eek: Woah, where do I start?
The serrated k390, (especially the only ffg version of the drop point Delica in SE), the Crucarta pm2, the red Phoenix is a surprisingly welcome announcement as I’ve always wanted one, and the salt UKPK (!!!!), etc.
A lot of what I really like! :)
Nearly all of them are very interesting to me... What am I going to do lol? :o
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool: