LC200N or H1 Dragonfly 2 with DARK COLOR handle!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: LC200N or H1 Dragonfly 2 with DARK COLOR handle!

Post by sal »

Hi Joyofsalt,

Welcome to our forum.

Handles are color coded for the steel in the blade. I imagine we'll eventually get around to making black versions of the colored Salt handles.

sal
Edge-y

Post by Edge-y »

Sal-- Very glad to see your response to this! I posted a similar--although a bit less impassioned :-) --thread a year ago when I saw the introduction of the black back lock and hardware on the Salts, and hoped it meant a black version of the Dragonfly like other black Salts was coming. From the response to that, I think you'll get a lot of takers. Hopefully it gets on the To Do list sooner rather than later! Regards

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85962
joyofsaltwaterproof

Post by joyofsaltwaterproof »

Blacked out blade and black handle OR black handle with specially coated clip and other non-blade metal parts is all I ask. Or dark blue, or british racing green, or DEEP dark ANY color in an H1 or LC200N steel with the Dragonfly2 configuration would be all I ask in this earthly life.

Please Sal and Eric Glesser. Hear my prayer!

Black handled Dragonfly2 with H1 for around $70-$90 and you've got yourself a happy Spyderco customer for LIFE!

Also, I am quite confident that this knife would be a best seller for many years to come. Lots of us like the rust proof steel for its versatility, but are not willing to carry a bright AF knife in and around cities where it attracts a lot of undo and unnecessary attention!

(P.S. when will I ever be able to post without it needing to get "approved" by moderators first? Is that after I've built a certain amount of trust or something? A certain amount of posts? Or will I ALWAYS have to post and then wait for my post to go live? Thanks all!!!)
joyofsaltwaterproof

Post by joyofsaltwaterproof »

SAL!

Honored to have you respond to my first ever post. I do hope that my lifelong wish of a Black handle (maybe also offer a blacked out blade?) Dragonfly 2 with a H1 AND/OR LC200N steel blade with the plain edge (not a fan of serrations personally) is made. I absolutely think you have made the best knife on the planet with the Dragonfly2. It is the PERFECT size. You can even carry one in New York City! Can't say that for many knives these days. But the YELLOW is just obnoxiously attractive to prying eyes, and in a city, you just don't need extra attention. All that said, the RUST PROOF steel just has such a wonderfully attractive utility to it. Any chance that you could have this made inside of 2021? A close friend of mine is not in good health, and he is also a longtime spyderco fan and I would LOVE to show him that you prioritized and made this knife a reality.

Plus I have FULL confidence that this knife for around $80 would absolutely sell like gangbusters and become a permanent longtime bestseller. Permanent.

P.S.

I LOVE the "factory tour" video of you and your son Eric. The "sharpened nail" story at the outset about you on the streets of Brooklyn, all the way to Eric and HIS son needing to "earn" his way up to running the company one day... that your "customers are that important"... was beautiful. I watched the video twice with my eight year old son, and gifted him his first ever Spyderco. A Black handle Dragonfly2 with a Wharncliffe blade. Would LOVE to see the H1 steel with a BLACK Handle. Not a fancy ask I hope!!
Gonefishing886

Post by Gonefishing886 »

Also wondering when’s spyderco gonna release the new dragonfly salt hopefully in lc200n, the dragonfly salt 2 is a great knife but it’s already been around for 10 years, looking forward for a update version.
z1r

Post by z1r »

I love my Hawkbill Ladybugs so much. I keep meaning to get a HB Dragonfy but keep sidetracked by snatching up other exclusives. While I'd leave my HB Dragonfly yellow, I do a have a LB that has yellow scales that appear faded in comparison to its siblings. I might "learn" how to Rit Dye on that one. Time to search out the Rit Dye threads.

But, in principal I agree, I think many, myself included, would love a salt model with darker scales.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

I agree, I would love to see an all black dragonfly salt.