KnifeCenter Exclusive Endela Pakkawood/HAP40

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

KnifeCenter Exclusive Endela Pakkawood/HAP40

Post by Mushroom »

Saw this announced recently - In stock now.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP243W ... -exclusive

Interesting info from KnifeCenter's Instagram account - "The Endela is the latest addition to the KnifeCenter-exclusive Spyderco Pakkawood/HAP40 family! What Spyderco should we add next?

Special thanks to @spyderco_inc for this one in particular — since the Endela has never before been constructed using a steel backspacer or edge-to-edge steel liners, they had to retool the entire design just to make it! The added strength and rigidity from these new parts makes the handle feel even sturdier, and the laminated HAP40 blade makes the edge perform even better."
-Nick :bug-red
Wartstein

Re: KnifeCenter Exclusive Endela Pakkawood/HAP40

Post by Wartstein »

Thanks, very cool! I am glad that the Endela gets more variants and by that hopefully attention!

/ On the question "what Spyderco next in Pakkawood/HAP 40": Easy. The Stretch! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Awesome! I can't pull the trigger right now, but I hope to get one soon.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

That is sexi.
But I am not going to import it to Europe. Taxes and stuff.
But really, that is one pretty knife.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 pm
I'm in the same boat. Would LOVE one of these, but it's going to be a while for me! Hopefully they linger like the other Pakkawood exclusives do...which honestly blows my mind. Great steel and beautiful handle scales!

Edit...how in the world is this $200 yet the larger Endura, is only $168. Endura is the no brainer here!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Endela is my go-to model at the moment, so this is bittersweet for me. Great to see the Endela getting some love as an exclusive, but I'm not a fan of Pakkawood or laminated blades so it's a pass for me. Now hopefully DLT will do an OD Green/TiCN Cruwear Endela!

As for next models in this series, like I said, I am probably not in for anything myself, but I think it would be cool to see a Worker, Cricket, and Jester.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

$200? I am gonna have to pass. I passed on the Police4 due to price as well.

I paid $131 for the Delica and $142 for the Endura.

Granted the Delica and Endura were a few years ago but I am clearly being priced out. Oh well. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:25 pm
$200? I am gonna have to pass. I passed on the Police4 due to price as well.

I paid $131 for the Delica and $142 for the Endura.

Granted the Delica and Endura were a few years ago but I am clearly being priced out. Oh well. :)

Oh wow, didn't even see the price. :eek: Yikes.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 pm
JuPaul wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Would LOVE one of these, but it's going to be a while for me! Hopefully they linger like the other Pakkawood exclusives do...which honestly blows my mind. Great steel and beautiful handle scales!

Edit...how in the world is this $200 yet the larger Endura, is only $168. Endura is the no brainer here!
Endura had already been produced with full liners and G10 scales, so maybe the price reflects the additional work required to re-design the Endela as a fully lined knife?

Pretty knife either way. I've enjoyed the pakkawood scales on my Police more than I expected.
:unicorn
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Pancake wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:03 pm
That is sexi.
But I am not going to import it to Europe. Taxes and stuff.
But really, that is one pretty knife.
This is true!
I got the pakkawood DF2 as one of my last purchases of 2020.
I use smaller knives more often so DF2 was a logical move, but it surely is treatment deserving of a bigger knife.. maybe some day
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

aw man...when are they going to do the Manbug??
--Jeremy
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Knifecenter said this model had to be completely retooled to have full "edge-to-edge" steel liners. I'm guessing that factored into the price of this model.
-Nick :bug-red
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I like it, and I like the full liners.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm passing at $200. I have and enjoy all of the Seki Pakkawood they have released to date, but those prices seemed reasonable up until the P4. Here's hoping a bolstered Manbug isn't far off and is priced more in line with prior releases :)
Last edited by abbazaba on Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Endura had already been produced with full liners and G10 scales, so maybe the price reflects the additional work required to re-design the Endela as a fully lined knife?

Pretty knife either way. I've enjoyed the pakkawood scales on my Police more than I expected.
I think that's the reason for the price, exactly. That and the price increases for 2021. It is steep, though. It'll be a good one to spend rewards points on.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Too early for a RJ exclusive? That model seems to be popular (at least here anyways).
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I really like it!
The Endela is a knife I will definitely buy at least one version of. The k390 variant is this Knifecenter exclusive’s biggest competitor for me, so I’ll be interested to see if a serrated version of the former is made.
My goal is to optimize my collection from the start in a way that allows me to try the edge, steel, handle, etc. options I want in an efficient manner.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

kerrcobra wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:35 pm
aw man...when are they going to do the Manbug??
I've been kind of wondering about this too. I've been kind of tempted by the Ladybug but figured I'd wait for the MB since that's what I carry
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
anycal

Post by anycal »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:52 pm
I'm passing at $200. I have and enjoy all of the Seki Pakkawood they have released to date, but those prices seemed reasonable up until the P4. Here's hoping a bolstered Manbug isn't far off and is priced more in line with prior releases :)
I don't think that is how this works. I've seen the pic of your Pakkawood collection. How will you live with yourself having this gap in it? :D :D :D

Looking forward to your next pic, Endela included.
Peter
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

anycal wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:31 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:52 pm
I don't think that is how this works. I've seen the pic of your Pakkawood collection. How will you live with yourself having this gap in it? :D :D :D

Looking forward to your next pic, Endela included.
HA! You might be right. If one of these shows up on the exchange used or on sale I will be tempted. My will power is questionable, but right now I'm working on pile of Seki K390, which includes my only Endela. So far the Endela is my least favorite of the lineup... it just makes me wish I was carrying an Endura.