Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peacedivision

Re: Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Post by Peacedivision »

Managed to snag one when it popped up after the first initial sell out. Maybe restocking units as some CC are declined?
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

I always make sure I’m logged in and ready to go leading up to these drops. As soon as the email hits all I have to do is add to cart and click through the checkout with my info auto filled in. Haven’t missed a single drop I’ve wanted yet with any distributor.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Gone yet again
Last edited by MO-Camper on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

They said they would do multiple small drops. Not sure how many times though.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sat there waiting with checkout ready to press submit, saw it pop up in stock, clicked submit immediately. Think I might have got one!
-Nick :bug-red
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:22 pm
Sat there waiting with checkout ready to press submit, saw it pop up in stock, clicked submit immediately. Think I might have got one!
Awesome!!
NorthShoreBoiBoi

Post by NorthShoreBoiBoi »

They might be cancelling orders of more than 1 or maybe bot checking? I've been refreshing the checkout and it just paid off, but there is still the chance of overselling from the website
MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

NorthShoreBoiBoi wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:25 pm
They might be cancelling orders of more than 1 or maybe bot checking? I've been refreshing the checkout and it just paid off, but there is still the chance of overselling from the website
I think we’re actually seeing them being disbursed in small batches as they said they would in the original post. Probably doing it this way to prevent overselling at the magnitude they did previously.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Update from REC - "We are officially out of these. The reason you may have seen them going in and out of stock is because we kept adding small quantities to make sure we did not oversell. We are not out, but we will have more at some point. Congrats to all that scored, sorry to the fine folks who did not this time. Have a great weekend. "
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

MO-Camper wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm
NorthShoreBoiBoi wrote:
I think we’re actually seeing them being disbursed in small batches as they said they would in the original post. Probably doing it this way to prevent overselling at the magnitude they did previously.
Good call, looks like they're all gone for now.

MO-Camper

Post by MO-Camper »

Peacedivision wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm
MO-Camper wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm
NorthShoreBoiBoi wrote:
Good call, looks like they're all gone for now.

They came up with a clever way to avoid the issues they had last time. Kudos to the people at REC!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I had the chance to get the Lil Native instead of the PM2. I opted to just wait for the PM2.

I still get a kick out of how much people covet these things. It's just a 204P PM2 with a different coating. I guess I'll see what all the fuss is about when the time comes
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm
I had the chance to get the Lil Native instead of the PM2. I opted to just wait for the PM2.

I still get a kick out of how much people covet these things. It's just a 204P PM2 with a different coating. I guess I'll see what all the fuss is about when the time comes
I posted about the knife on the first page. It's honestly, not anything that special. I agree, pretty crazy how some people seem to think this is the end all PM2 grail knife. I honestly found it ugly in person, especially that coating :eek:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm
I posted about the knife on the first page. It's honestly, not anything that special. I agree, pretty crazy how some people seem to think this is the end all PM2 grail knife. I honestly found it ugly in person, especially that coating :eek:
The S90V/CPM154 laminate with cf PM2 is the ultimate grail imo, for that model at least.
As far as Lil Native, the upcoming cf S90V sprint looks excellent.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

To each their own. I don't see why it couldn't be someones personal grail knife, it's very unique in its own right. (Personally, the Copper/REX45 PM2 'tipped the scales' ;) when it comes to my own grail PM2!)

On the REC exclusives - I personally love the color combination, especially the scale color. I like the blade coating a lot too. Not just because I like the color, but it also helps break up the monotony of all the satin and DLC blades available. I think it's a very attractive combination and black hardware is a nice touch.

I'm considering buying an updated all black Lil Native with black liners so I can swap them out to complete the look on this one.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I changed my mind on this one. The whole reason I ended up on the waiting list for the REC pm2 was that I hesitated on buying it in the first place. I think I'd rather have the 204p lil native since I don't have a stainless version of that model. And I sure don't need another pm2!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:07 pm
I changed my mind on this one. The whole reason I ended up on the waiting list for the REC pm2 was that I hesitated on buying it in the first place. I think I'd rather have the 204p lil native since I don't have a stainless version of that model. And I sure don't need another pm2!
I love the rationale, well done Julia! Haha :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

So it was actually released to the public. Darn. Thought there would be warning. Never got an email.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:07 pm
I love the rationale, well done Julia! Haha :p
It's never hard to come up with one. :D :D :D
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:21 pm
Eh... get ready for $300+ Lil Natives on the secondary market. That's all I'm saying. :D

Well, I wasn't wrong at all and didn't take long. Seeing people sell this for $350 on the knife buy and sell groups. :eek:
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet