Can we please get some kind of update/estimate on the Heinnie UKPK?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fixall

Can we please get some kind of update/estimate on the Heinnie UKPK?

Post by fixall »

We're coming up on a year since I (and many others) paid for this knife and have yet to get any kind of update as to when to expect it to be re-released.

First it was supposed to come out in June. Then it was delayed until August. Then it was delayed until an unknown date. Not a huge deal, but we paid for this knife at the time of order so our money has been held for almost a year and now we are well past the time limit for a refund through PayPal and most credit cards.

Can we please just get some sort or update or estimate as to when we could possibly expect this knife? The lack of communication has been a bit of a bummer.
Last edited by fixall on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bemo

Re: Can we please get some kind of update/estimate on the Heinnie UKPK?

Post by Bemo »

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. From what I remember in a recent thread, Heinnie may have not been very quick in submitting their order to Spyderco. I seem to remember Sal saying about that in a thread about the UKPK. So I would say your should pursue reaching out to Heinnie. I love the UKPK and would also love a red G10 scale knife as well so I really wish to eventually pick one of these up myself.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I wish I knew. They were supposed to reserve a knife for me but they waited so long to put in the new order they are somewhere back in the queue.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
fixall

Post by fixall »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:09 pm
I'm surprised no one has responded to this. From what I remember in a recent thread, Heinnie may have not been very quick in submitting their order to Spyderco. I seem to remember Sal saying about that in a thread about the UKPK. So I would say your should pursue reaching out to Heinnie. I love the UKPK and would also love a red G10 scale knife as well so I really wish to eventually pick one of these up myself.
Nick from Heinnie Haynes told me that they put in their order for the UKPK back in August of 2019. When I told him that Sal had suggested they get their next order in right away, lest they face a year or more delay on the next batch (which Sal had stated in another thread), Nick seemed quite surprised he wasn't hearing it from the Spyderco Sales Team.
fixall

Post by fixall »

The lack of a response is making me think I’m being unreasonable by asking for an estimation of when a knife we be completed that many of us paid for upfront nearly a year ago...
Danke

Post by Danke »

Did you buy it here from Spyderco, or from a store in UK?

If you bought it at a 3rd party it's unlikely the folks at Spyderco will throw them under the bus and and answer any direct questions. They'll likely tell you to talk to the store.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I’m not sure why you’re not getting any response at all, but I wasn’t expecting anyone from Spyderco to jump in and answer your question. Normal business practice is to direct all communication through the vendor you have an agreement with. Only if HH is acting irresponsibly or not fulfilling their responsibilities with regards to their contract with Spyderco, would it be expected for Spyderco to release any information regarding this sale/production not channeled through HH
fixall

Post by fixall »

I purchased it directly from Heinnie Haynes as it is a Spyderco exclusive that only they sell.

I have spoken to Heinnie directly. They do not have an estimate of when it will be released because Spyderco has not given them an update on when it will be finished. Heinnie said the delay is not on their end, it is on Spyderco's end. I'm not sure what use it would be to contact Heinnie when they are in the exact same boat that we are in... They were told the knife would be finished in June. Then that was delayed until August. And then Spyderco delayed it again and didn't give Heinnie any sort of update as to when to expect it.

Here's the communication I've had with Heinnie if it makes what I'm saying a little more clear.

Email from the first delay. Knife was expected to be finished by Spyderco in June (knife was pre-ordered/purchased in March), but Spyderco had a manufacturing delay and this was pushed until August.

Email from the second delay. The delay was supposed to be until August but a further manufacturing delay pushed it to an unknown date. This was almost five months ago with no further update from Spyderco.

And these emails were from back in October when I told Heinnie that Sal had suggested here on the forum that we let Heinnie know if they want to prevent a delay on the next batch of UKPKs that they should get their order in right away.

Last edited by fixall on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone:
I'm sorry for the delay, I needed to research the information. I currently show an ETA of April 2021.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Thank you very much Kristi!

The last update we got about the delay was back in August of 2020, so just having some sort of update on the estimate is very much appreciated.

Thanks again and stay safe!
sal

Post by sal »

Covid has messed with many US companies, Spyderco included. We're still producing, but we're all spread out and everything just takes longer. Things that we could do in a day, not takes a week or more, especially in R & D.

sal
fixall

Post by fixall »

sal wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:51 pm
Covid has messed with many US companies, Spyderco included. We're still producing, but we're all spread out and everything just takes longer. Things that we could do in a day, not takes a week or more, especially in R & D.

sal
100% understandable! I was just hoping to get an update since there hadn't been an update in six months and Heinnie Haynes didn't have any info.

Thanks again!
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Putting a bookmark on this one since the HH ukpk is the only financially reasonable way to get a ukpk with a full length backspacer :D
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

I've just been in touch with Heinnie Haynes to clarify the post-Brexit shipping procedure and VAT.

They didn't have any updates on the UKPK, so I'm bumping this thread hoping someone with more inside knowledge might see it :-D
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

hopefully we can purchase these from HH when they drop, as well.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

rhaug wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 am
I've just been in touch with Heinnie Haynes to clarify the post-Brexit shipping procedure and VAT.

They didn't have any updates on the UKPK, so I'm bumping this thread hoping someone with more inside knowledge might see it :-D
Hi, rhaug:
I can't speak to post-Brexit and VAT, but I can give you an updated ETA. My last update was April, and right now, it looks like April/May.

I hope this is helpful information.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Thanks, Kristi.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi, rhaug:
I can't speak to post-Brexit and VAT, but I can give you an updated ETA. My last update was April, and right now, it looks like April/May.

I hope this is helpful information.

Kristi
Hi Kristi

Many thanks for the update, that's good to hear!

I can see how my post might have been a little confusing - the Brexit-stuff I handled with Heinnie fine enough, so no worries about that. Before, we in cont. Europe could just order and ship to the UK no problem. Now we have to deal with VAT and import fees. Anyways, it isn't really relevant to this thread so apologies for the confusion!

Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Is it going to be the same one as before? Red G10 with S30V?

https://heinnie.com/spyderco-heinnie-ha ... nknife-g10

Just wondered. I had one and regret that I sold it. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Fred Sanford wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 pm
Is it going to be the same one as before? Red G10 with S30V?

https://heinnie.com/spyderco-heinnie-ha ... nknife-g10

Just wondered. I had one and regret that I sold it. ;)
Yep, that’s it. No change as far as I know.

I got in on the pre-order last spring, so it’s Bern going for a while.

Very excited to get it, though. People who have it seem to enjoy it a lot. And for my use I think having no lock will be just fine.