Wharny Manbug Coming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: Wharny Manbug Coming

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
fixall

Post by fixall »

:D

sal

Post by sal »

I've been carrying one of those every day for about 2 weeks. I'm biased, but I'm pleased.

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:08 am
I've been carrying one of those every day for about 2 weeks. I'm biased, but I'm pleased.

sal

Good to hear! I'll be picking one up as soon as the TiCN version hits the streets!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
fixall

Post by fixall »

sal wrote:

sal
It's a very capable, little knife! I used it the other day to prune back the roses and it worked flawlessly. The choil along with the wharncliffe blade made it really adept at performing pull stroke/pare cuts. :)
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:54 am
sal wrote:

sal

Good to hear! I'll be picking one up as soon as the TiCN version hits the streets!
Same here. I'm going to swap it in my Manbug Salt handle. A buddy of mine says I should call it a Yellowjacket :D .
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I'm holding out for the black blade. I did notice the page has been gone for more than a couple weeks now... Is that a bad sign? (https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... Blade/1912)
•• Beau
vivi

Post by vivi »

I may end up adding one of these to my next spydie order. Always been a fan of the Spin.
:unicorn
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

A great little Wharnie blade shape to hang on a keychain for opening up packages. I have the ManBug Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge in H-1 instead. A Wharnie LC200N ManBug would be ideal.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:21 pm
A great little Wharnie blade shape to hang on a keychain for opening up packages. I have the ManBug Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge in H-1 instead. A Wharnie LC200N ManBug would be ideal.
I was thinking to start a new thread requesting a Wharnie LC200N Manbug. Sal, can we please have one of these and with orange scales? An orange FRN Manbug is long overdue and you couldn’t fit it with a much better blade option than that! Thank you, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:38 am
RamZar wrote:
I was thinking to start a new thread requesting a Wharnie LC200N Manbug. Sal, can we please have one of these and with orange scales? An orange FRN Manbug is long overdue and you couldn’t fit it with a much better blade option than that! Thank you, Radioactive

I'd assume they would stick with the Green for an LC200N Salt. Maybe they will release an orange VG-10 and you can scale swap like you like to do! Or petition Jeff @ Cutlery Shoppe to do one since orange is his favorite color!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:38 am
RamZar wrote:

I'd assume they would stick with the Green for an LC200N Salt. Maybe they will release an orange VG-10 and you can scale swap like you like to do! Or petition Jeff @ Cutlery Shoppe to do one since orange is his favorite color!
LC200N wharncliffe Manbug in orange or the current green would be great by me. I'd certainly buy one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
sal

Post by sal »

I'm thinking that this blade would benefit from teeth. Thoughts?

sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:13 pm
I'm thinking that this blade would benefit from teeth. Thoughts?

sal

Green LC200N SE (and PE) Salts sound like winners. I'd rock these on all my keychains.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Teeth would help the Wharnie ManBug just like it does my Sheepsfoot ManBug. However, best to keep about 1/4” at the tip straight for ideal package opening (somewhere between SpyderEdge and ComboEdge). Even my Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge H-1 ManBug has a little bit of straight edge at the tip (a little bit more would’ve been better). I also look at the teeth as emergency seat belt cutters.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

For small knife tasks, I think this shape works better than the big bellied original

Office friendly too
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

RamZar wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:04 am
Teeth would help the Wharnie ManBug just like it does my Sheepsfoot ManBug. However, best to keep about 1/4” at the tip straight for ideal package opening (somewhere between SpyderEdge and ComboEdge). Even my Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge H-1 ManBug has a little bit of straight edge at the tip (a little bit more would’ve been better). I also look at the teeth as emergency seat belt cutters.
Your Manbug Salt has a little bit of straight edge at the tip? Mine starts with a tooth.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

StuntZombie wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:21 pm
RamZar wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:04 am
Your Manbug Salt has a little bit of straight edge at the tip? Mine starts with a tooth.

You're right. However, the first front tooth at the tip works for package opening. What I'm looking for is a Wharnie LC200N ManBug with a straight edge for the first 1/4" at the tip for easier package opening. Kind of like this upcoming Salt2 (I believe the hardware is DLC coated for better rust protection).

StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Agreed. I’d love to see a Manbug with that blade configuration.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN