2021 Forum knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: 2021 Forum knife?

Post by Doc Dan »

DansGearAddiction wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 am
DansGearAddiction wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 pm
I didn't know I needed a UKPK in CTS-204P until this thread :D
You do, trust me. I have a Delica in that configuration and it is great. I have a couple of UKPK's and I carry one nearly everyday, now. I used to laugh at the idea. After I got one just because I did not have one, it became my most carried knife.
I had a UKPK briefly, but had to return it since Amazon sent me the BD1N version when I ordered the S110V version and they didn't have any more in stock, so I elected a refund. I'd definitely jump back for a CTS-204P one -- I got to handle it and the UKPK seemed like a nice fit for me.

Also, the CTS-204P Delica has tempted me on many occasions -- depending on how much Reveal 7 empties my wallet, I'll have to consider picking one up :)
Because of the high numbers of COVID cases and the lock downs, I have a lot of daily parcels and boxes to open. Not having a lock makes opening and closing a snap ( :D ). I really have grown to appreciate the UKPK, but also the Urban LW and Roadie. The Roadie is great because it keeps me from going too deep into a package when opening it with my blade.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
sonbear

Post by sonbear »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 am
Because of the high numbers of COVID cases and the lock downs, I have a lot of daily parcels and boxes to open. Not having a lock makes opening and closing a snap ( :D ). I really have grown to appreciate the UKPK, but also the Urban LW and Roadie. The Roadie is great because it keeps me from going too deep into a package when opening it with my blade.
You've just described my last year! COVID lockdowns and working from home leading to a 10-month online shopping binge and knives out at all hours of the day.

Being a newbie to the forum, how does this process usually go? We make 8,743 suggestions and Spyderco make what they want for us, or we reach some magical consensus and click a pre-order link in 6 months' time? Or keep waiting till 2022? :)
Matus

Post by Matus »

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a nice UK Penknife. Some nicer materials (micarta, carbon fiber), decent blade steel (Spyderco has no shortage there) and maybe the drop point blade instead of the leaf.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Matus wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:01 am
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a nice UK Penknife. Some nicer materials (micarta, carbon fiber), decent blade steel (Spyderco has no shortage there) and maybe the drop point blade instead of the leaf.

I´d prefer drop point too. The UK version of it reminds me a lot on the Stretch blade shape, which I really like.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:05 am
Matus wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:01 am

I´d prefer drop point too. The UK version of it reminds me a lot on the Stretch blade shape, which I really like.
Please no drop point.
benben

Post by benben »

2021 Forum knife, that’s easy.....Massad Ayoob! :D
Matus

Post by Matus »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:05 am
We are exactly on the same page. But it appears that this particular blade shape (Stretch, Gayle Bradley, SpyOpera, etc.) is either loved or hated. I personally find the classical Spyderco leafshape a bit ... boring (albeit surely practical). The drop point Penknife has a little more belly (without being excessive) and I like that on a general use knife with a small blade.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

sonbear wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 am
You've just described my last year! COVID lockdowns and working from home leading to a 10-month online shopping binge and knives out at all hours of the day.

Being a newbie to the forum, how does this process usually go? We make 8,743 suggestions and Spyderco make what they want for us, or we reach some magical consensus and click a pre-order link in 6 months' time? Or keep waiting till 2022? :)
Spyderco folk listen to what we have to say. We certainly will not get all of what we want, but a great number of knives, regular production, Sprint Runs, Exclusives, all came about from Sal reading what we post. Then there is the issue of whether or not they have the capacity to make the knives as they are already pretty stretched. But, our comments do matter.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:43 pm
I’m always down for a G10 UKPK or any Slipit as a forum knife.

The Slipit Lil Native in SPY27 and Cobalt G10 would be a truly special forum knife. If Spyderco could make it a double detent slip joint without a lock bar I think it would be a winner because it has the forward choil for safety.
This sounds like an even better idea now!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:27 pm
Dazen wrote:

The Slipit Lil Native in SPY27 and Cobalt G10 would be a truly special forum knife. If Spyderco could make it a double detent slip joint without a lock bar I think it would be a winner because it has the forward choil for safety.

I´d really prefer the UKPK, if it shall be a slipjoint: Lighter, thinner, a lot more cutting edge and first and foremost: Thin, slicey bladestock... but if we´ll ever get a Lil Native forum knife I´ll be happy for you and probably still get one for myself.. ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Holland

Post by Holland »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:37 pm
Dazen wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:27 pm
Dazen wrote:

I´d really prefer the UKPK, if it shall be a slipjoint: Lighter, thinner, a lot more cutting edge and first and foremost: Thin, slicey bladestock... but if we´ll ever get a Lil Native forum knife I´ll be happy for you and probably still get one for myself.. ;)
I'd prefer the UKPK too
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Matus

Post by Matus »

Just got that idea ... Gayle Bradley 1 ... in K390 ... with 0.015" behind the edge ... and micarta scales ;)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I've gotta say, reveal 7 might have killed the (idea of a) forum knife for me.
A sheepsfoot UKPK would probably pull it off, but otherwise I think there are just too many knives in that reveal fighting over my knife money
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maxamet Military
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?