Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SharpThinker951

Re: Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by SharpThinker951 »

Is anyone else having issues with the app? I was told to check the app twice this week for details, which never came! I was hopeful for a bit when a "View Now" link showed up under the "New Para Military 2" listing, but only linked to the previous listing images of the "Manbug Wharncliffe".

I tried reloading the app with no luck.

Am I the only one suffering from anticipation fatigue? LOL
40+ :bug-red Favorite steels are Sexy-Rexy45, Maxamet, S110V, M398, Rex 76 and Magnacut is growing on me.
15+ Benchmades - AXIS lock stole my heart before I bought my 1st :bug-red Sliverax with Compression Lock
2 CRK, 4 Olamic, 2 Vero, 4 MT, 3 Browning slip joints 1980's
5+ Restored Normark pocket knives 1980's - some are originals I bought through Bass Pro Shops
AND a whole lot more, but I think you get the point I have kept most of my childhood hero knives and only added newer and nicer knives!
Knife Steel Nerds Unite!! LOL
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

SharpThinker951 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:14 am
Is anyone else having issues with the app? I was told to check the app twice this week for details, which never came! I was hopeful for a bit when a "View Now" link showed up under the "New Para Military 2" listing, but only linked to the previous listing images of the "Manbug Wharncliffe".

Hi, SharpThinker951:
I'm sorry for any confusion. When you first open the app, you'll see a series of tiled graphics. If you scroll down through those, you'll see a tile for each exclusive. Tap on the tile and you'll find more details for each. On IOS the exclusive tiles should appear at the top, but there is an issue that we're working on with Android devices. On an Android device, new tiles (in this case, exclusives) appear at the bottom. Hopefully, we'll be able to get it resolved soon.

We appreciate your interest!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

SharpThinker951 wrote:

I'm similarly confused, it was my understanding all new exclusives and such would be announced and linked through the app just as Spyderco had been doing on their Instagram. But I'm just getting all my spydie info here on the forums instead since the app tends to either be late or inconsistent with announcements (with both exclusive or standard line stuff.) I think they need to catch up on this one, the app is just a novelty at the moment.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
JMM

Post by JMM »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:43 am
SharpThinker951 wrote:

I'm similarly confused, it was my understanding all new exclusives and such would be announced and linked through the app just as Spyderco had been doing on their Instagram. But I'm just getting all my spydie info here on the forums instead since the app tends to either be late or inconsistent with announcements (with both exclusive or standard line stuff.) I think they need to catch up on this one, the app is just a novelty at the moment.

As best as I understand it, Exclusives are bought & sold (and promoted) by an "Exclusive" dealer or distributor, Spyderco is not responsible for announcing Exclusives that their dealers & distributors procure...
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

JMM wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Abyss_Fish wrote:
SharpThinker951 wrote:

As best as I understand it, Exclusives are bought & sold (and promoted) by an "Exclusive" dealer or distributor, Spyderco is not responsible for announcing Exclusives that their dealers & distributors procure...
Posted 2 months ago:
RamZar

Spyderco Exclusives/Sprints & iOS App

Post by RamZar »

In the past, I've had no luck with the Spyderco App on iOS so I gave up on it. This was even after deleting the app and reinstalling it from scratch. Today I tried again (without reinstalling) and at first the arrow button for an exclusive on the first page went into the Blade Show 2021 event! I re-launched and 2 recent Exclusives (KnifeJoy and BladeHQ) showed up with the correct info including date/time of the release. The ParaMilitary2 Colorado Sprint was also there but did not include the date/time of the release. However, the Tuff Exclusive by DLT Trading is missing (releasing on July 20th).

The Notification Center in the app continues to be blank and I do not receive any notifications related to the Spyderco App. Under the App's Settings, Notification is checked and on the iPhone under the iOS Settings > Notification for the Spyderco App it's set to Allow Notifications.

Separately, the Spyderco website for Exclusives (https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/exclusives) is outdated with lots of Exclusives but nothing recent nor chronological!
Last edited by RamZar on Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Smock CPM-M4 Natural G-10 C240GM4P BladeHQ (Taiwan) is/was in stock at Exclusive dealer.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

These are/were in stock at some dealers (wait a week or so for wider availability and larger quantities):

• Stretch2 Lightweight Straight Spine K390 Blue FRN C90FP2K390 (Japan)
  • Tenacious Lightweight CPM-S35VN CombinationEdge Blue FRN C122PSBL (China)

dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

I think that Smock is the first knife I've liked better in BHQ's "Jade" G10.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

eRoc wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:08 pm
JMM wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Abyss_Fish wrote:
SharpThinker951 wrote:

Posted 2 months ago:
That would be the post I was referencing yep. Thanks for posting it.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
freddiepellini

Post by freddiepellini »

That Stretch is what I've been waiting for all year! Love these K390 models.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

freddiepellini wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Is yours on the way?
freddiepellini

Post by freddiepellini »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:25 pm
freddiepellini wrote:

Is yours on the way?
Not this very moment, but as soon as KnifeCenter gets their pre-orders out. They have been pretty good about that recently. I understand that this hasn't always been the case, but it seems that they have gotten a lot better.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

freddiepellini wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:48 am
RamZar wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:25 pm
freddiepellini wrote:

Is yours on the way?
Not this very moment, but as soon as KnifeCenter gets their pre-orders out. They have been pretty good about that recently. I understand that this hasn't always been the case, but it seems that they have gotten a lot better.

Sounds good. Hope you get it soon.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

20cv GID Jester dropping at TheKnifeJoker on July 24th at 10am PT
•• Beau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:25 am
Forum about to explode
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Buddafucco wrote: 20cv GID Jester dropping at TheKnifeJoker on July 24th at 10am PT
I want to believe.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Do I believe they ordered enough Jesters to go around? Ha.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:25 am
ITS HAPPENINGGGGGGG

ILL TAKE THEIR ENTIRE STOCK.
Lightly insane.

JMM

Post by JMM »

The owner states that he has already changing (web) hosting providers & is in the process of putting a new website up all together. I wish him well, hopefully this will resolve the really difficult drops they've been having.