missed opportunity - showroom in Golden

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mitchwalcott

missed opportunity - showroom in Golden

Post by mitchwalcott »

On December 26 of 2019, my girlfriend and I arrived at her cousin’s house in Golden, Colorado, near State Highway 93. We were there until December 30.

Because I had not begun to explore the knife world at this point, I was completely unaware of the existence of Spyderco.

Due to the pandemic, we did not go to Golden this December during our winter break from the public school district we work for. While I know there will be other chances to visit the Spyderco showroom, I am kicking myself now because of this missed opportunity. I am looking forward to 2021.
sal

Re: missed opportunity - showroom in Golden

Post by sal »

Hi Mitchwalcott,

Welcome to our forum and sorry you missed us. We'll be there next year as well.

sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I've never been to Colorado, for some reason, though I have wanted to do so. Life always got in the way. I have flown over it and waved, though.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

One day I plan to check out Colorado and make the pilgrimage to Spyderco and Coors.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Colorado is my wife and I's favorite destination. It's not too far and has a ton to offer. Always great to go to SFO the staff are fantastic and always go above and beyond. I took my entire wedding party there before the wedding in the mountains. We happened to go on 9/11 this year. They also have a World Trade memorial inside. My 3 year old would not stop checking out the fish and they hooked him up with an acrylic Spyder! Everyone needs to go at least once in their life.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Colorado has been on my bucket list since long before I got into knives.
In that regard it was maybe for the better that I didn’t make it there before.
Now just waiting for the kids to get a little older and the world to get a little more normal.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

If I ever come to the states which id love to, I'll definitely be visiting the showroom in Colorado.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

We (me and fiancé) enjoyed our stay/roadtrip in Colorado last September very much!
Only thing missing was actually saying hi to Sal in person :)
I'll never forget Mesa Verde, Lookout mountain with Buffalo Bill's grave, Garden of angels etc etc.. Memories for life!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.