Base model Para 3 w/ DLC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brown_Recluse

Base model Para 3 w/ DLC

Post by Brown_Recluse »

So, I'm a collector of the military series (more specifically the PM2 and the Para 3) and over the years I've put off purchasing the base model Para 3 with DLC because I figured since it was a base model, production knife that it would always be available therefore the sprints and exclusives were a priority.

Well, now that there's a lull in the sprint and exclusive drops I've been itching to get a basic Para 3 with a DLC'd S30V blade but they seem to be non-existent right now. Even on eBay, I've only found 1 and it had more wear and tear than I'd like.

I just find it kinda funny that I have all these rare Para 3s from the REC and St. Nick's exclusives to the orange Rex 45 and carbon fiber S90V sprints but I can't, for the life of me, find a new, basic b**** model Para 3 with DLC. My life story lol. :D :spyder:
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
twelchlen

Re: Base model Para 3 w/ DLC

Post by twelchlen »

I may be mistaken, but there are pictures of dlc knives getting black liners and hardware. That may be why the “older” para 3 dlc is out of stock.
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

I think the DLC Para 3 (in both black & digi-camo G10) is in the middle of getting a product refresh/CQI (Constant Quality Improvement) update. You should be able to find an old one online if you look hard enough, but if I were you, I'd just wait for the new CQI version to find its way to your favourite knife retailer.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

zuludelta wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:02 am
I think the DLC Para 3 (in both black & digi-camo G10) is in the middle of getting a product refresh/CQI (Constant Quality Improvement) update. You should be able to find an old one online if you look hard enough, but if I were you, I'd just wait for the new CQI version to find its way to your favourite knife retailer.
twelchlen wrote: I may be mistaken, but there are pictures of dlc knives getting black liners and hardware. That may be why the “older” para 3 dlc is out of stock.

Ya know.... I never even thought that Spyderco could be CQIing them. That makes perfect sense. Plus a 100% blacked out Para 3 would be awesome! Thanks ya'll for turning my moaning into anticipation! :spyder:
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN