K2 Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

K2 Sprint

Post by MacLaren »

Sal,
Would it be possible to make a run of K2's,with G10 scales?
Just leave everything else the same - but with G10 scales?
Thanx
JMM

Re: K2 Sprint

Post by JMM »

[+1]

I'm in for one.
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

It will never happen. The relationship between Spyderco and the designer has diminished.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

soulspy wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 am
It will never happen. The relationship between Spyderco and the designer has diminished.
Sorry to hear that!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I started a thread and I asked for a smaller K2 about 3.75 inches and things went south in that thread. It appears as though there will be no more collaboration with the designer.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I just found the thread on bladeforums - oof, sounded like a misunderstanding that resulted in a hasty decision to pull out
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The K-2 is one I missed at a bad time when bills overwhelmed me. I would be all for a K-2 depending on what blade steel they decide on. Bring it on!!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

If Spyderco and Farid had a disagreement and ended their relationship, would Spyderco want to take a chance on sprinting the design?

It's my understanding that Spyderco owns the collab designs, but running a sprint on a collaboration that the designer wasn't happy about seems like something I'd see another knife company doing--not Spyderco.

I own. and enjoy the Spyderco K-2. I do not own a Farid (custom) version, but they look pretty cool, too.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I remember when they were on closeout for $150... For a titanium frame lock and 4.5" of 10v - what a steal. Didn't sell out immediately... If only had use for a 4.5" pocket knife
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Anyone got a K2 for sale? I would love an original.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:08 pm
If Spyderco and Farid had a disagreement and ended their relationship, would Spyderco want to take a chance on sprinting the design?

It's my understanding that Spyderco owns the collab designs, but running a sprint on a collaboration that the designer wasn't happy about seems like something I'd see another knife company doing--not Spyderco.

I own. and enjoy the Spyderco K-2. I do not own a Farid (custom) version, but they look pretty cool, too.
That might just depend on how the original contract was worded. If Spyderco already has a contract that they can use his design it might not matter if they are on good or bad terms. This is the first I've heard of it. It is unfortunate that things like this develop in the business world.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Fireman wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:59 pm
Country Knives in Pennsylvania would be a good place to try. But get ready because their stuff ain't cheap. But if you want one bad enough that might be your best option.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Thanks
Nothing there.
I wish I got one when it was $150
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:46 pm
Fireman wrote:
Country Knives in Pennsylvania would be a good place to try. But get ready because their stuff ain't cheap. But if you want one bad enough that might be your best option.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Fireman wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:33 pm
Thanks
Nothing there.
I wish I got one when it was $150
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:46 pm
Fireman wrote:
I'll keep my ears open and if I hear anything I'll let you know. I sure can't afford one right now. I've got at least 6 other blades on my "gotta-have" list before I can even think of hunting one of those K-2 models down.

You might want to consider investing $30 and becoming a Gold Member over at Bladeforums. That would get you a GOLD membership where you can buy, sell & trade. It's been a great investment for me for the past 15 years. Just make sure you only deal with other GOLD members and you should be safe.
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

I bought one k2 at normal price and two when they were on clearance. It took several weeks for them to sell out as I recall. There were concerns over lock stick. Lock stick issues on mine were fixed by reducing lock bar tension.

I really like the k2 as a canvas for custom regrinds, hence my purchase of three of them. I like them as hunting and general outdoors knives for tasks that call for a big slicer.