Which seconds sale knife are you most excited about?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Which seconds sale knife are you most excited about?

Post by vivi »

I'm pretty pumped about the DLC Military I have coming.

The Millie is a nostalgic design for me. It was the first Spyderco I liked, the one that showed me what Sal and company could bring to the table. Amazing size to weight ratio, excellent ergonomics and fantastic cutting ability.

I owned a DLC version in the past but ended up selling it to a friend, and never replaced it. The S60V single liner version is the one that got me into the model, and over the years I carried them in S90V, BG42, and CPMD2 (My most used Military).

Plan to put a thin, coarse edge on the knife and put it in my rotation. S30V and the Millies blade shape will work well with a coarse finish.

Which knife are you most excited to receive in the mail from the sale?
:unicorn
JRinFL

Re: Which seconds sale knife are you most excited about?

Post by JRinFL »

Well, by default the Waterway. Of course, it’s the only one I was able get. Since I really only wanted fixed blades and the Waterway was one of two I really wanted, I feel lucky to have had the luck to get one.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

I got a native 5 lw, plainedge. Was 40 bucks. I cant wait to make it a beater.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Combo Edge Insistent :D

Not sure what ultimately lasted longer, that or the Parata? I think the Insistent lasted just a bit longer.
-Nick :bug-red
S120807

Post by S120807 »

I got a pm2 black handle satin blade and a tenacious black handle satin blade. Exited about the pm2, it will be my first and these are my first Spyderco purchases. I am thankful that the Spyderco crew was able to have this sale and provide such great prices. Without the sale I wouldn’t be able to afford a pm2.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I bought 3 different Militaries and a PE Pac Salt 2. I'm excited for the Militaries. I mostly carry/use the Seki models these days, but the Military is my favorite Golden model and now I am pretty well stocked up.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

My pm2/3 maxies.

I would never shell out full price for this, so this is one steel that I still have to try out. And I am EXTREMELY HAPPY that because of these seconds sale, I will be able to try it, even if they are factory seconds. Even if I got both, the total price of both seconds is still lesser than the cost of one brand new maxie knife.

Again, thank you Spyderco.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I hesitated and was a little too slow at first. So I missed out on a couple that I wanted. Eventually I jumped at the opportunity to score a YoJumbo though. It's not something I was planning on getting, but excited might be an understatement now.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

PM2 maxamet and parata, especially. great deals on those. Nabbed a few budget beaters as well.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I wasnt able to get the stuff I really wanted, but I also didnt walk away empty handed. In hindsight should have gotten a camo military when I had the chance but I didnt.

I got a native 5 ce, a zcut, and a parata.

Those native 5s were such a good deal. It is a crazy good knife and for $37 the little ce is going to be a beater. The zcut will get gifted at christmas and will probably get the most use. Im most excited for the parata though. Its weird and has a unique lock.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

The only one I got was a Maxamet PM2. I can't wait always wanted to try Maxamet and a compression lock. I would have never afforded at retail of $200+.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Bought 6 knives and a hatchet. Most excited about the Genzow as I was splitting kindling with a Forager last night.(gifted my hatchet to a neighbor)

Ronin, Nightstick, Reverse, Waterway, Manix XL, VG-10 Chef's Knife, and Genzow Hatchethawk.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I went into it with no expectations so I was just happy to get what I got (two Z Cuts and a CE Native). There were some that I would have jumped all over if the prices were a bit cheaper. Being the holiday season I really try to avoid buying for myself :o
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I got a Maxamet Native and a Parata. The Native is already my favorite platform so that's a known quantity. I'm more excited about checking out the stop lock on the Parata.
TheKing21

Post by TheKing21 »

I managed to get a PM2 Maxamet yesterday by luck and after reloading 3 times the last step (payment) that was the step that in my case was site crash!! Anyways i did it and i am super happy since i have more than 30 spydies in my collection but not a Maxamet one so this is what i wanted especialy at this low price!! So overall a nice experience for me (even with the site crashes and all the effords)!! Thanks alot to Spyderco team!😊
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm excited for the K390 Endura I picked up. I really wanted one of those Police 4's, but they were gone before I knew they were there. I also picked up a combo edge Efficient as a beater/nasty work knife. At that price, I'm not going to cry if it gets beat up.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
araneae

Post by araneae »

Out of what I managed to get, the Spyopera is what I look forward to the most. I was really hoping for a Sun & Moon and I wanted a G-10 Native because I would like to try modding the scales, but those didn't make it through to purchase...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
prog_knife

Post by prog_knife »

The Parata was my most expensive acquisition, but today I’m most excited about the UKPK Drop Point. It combines characteristics of two of my all-time favorites: a blade like the Stretch, and a handle similar to the Caly. My first in CTS-BD1N as well, which I think I’ll enjoy.
-Evan
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

My original plan was one really nice Spyderco knife, plus an absolute ton of cheap Byrd knives.

But, I got a Para 3 Black DLC S30V/Black G-10 and a Combo Edge S30V/Black FRN Native 5 as Spyderco; and one Byrd as well. The basic models were the two Spyderco that long ago, I'd selected as the ones I wanted the most; but said there would likely be slim to none chance I'd be able to afford them. For $127, I got the Para 3, Native 5, and a Byrd Robin 2 stainless handle. The Native 5 is combo edge, which I got in a rush (I wanted PE), but it should be a good workhorse.

But, it's the Para 3, really. They say the compression lock is better for left-handed users than right-handed users, and I am left-handed. The Robin I got mostly as a "beater" Dragonfly (since it is the same size); but I think I may have some fancy engraving done to it instead, kinda as you see on the Spydercos that were embellished for use as rodeo awards. The stainless handle, however, will be heavy. Should have gotten a LW version to go with the stainless, but the FRN version is not "break the bank" expensive"; so I may get one soon.

The only thing I regret was not stocking up on the cheap Byrds and Persistence to go over the $150 limit for free shipping. More knives and no shipping would've worked out better. But, I went way past my $75 budget to start with.
Ibuyre

Post by Ibuyre »

You can think I am odd and off. But I am really looking forward to checking out a Parata. I hunt and think it's going to make a great skinner. Plus that lock hmmm have got to check that out, what a interesting strange knife. So that.
And OMG I am still a little in shock I got a gray PM2 Maxamet, I would never have bought one at full price, but really excited about it. And the UK penknife. Those where my big scores.

I went into the sale wanting a Military or a civilian or a pacific salt. But coming away with what I got. lol I may have done even better. I am really happy, and hope they do it like this again. Because I would have never been able to make it to the shop in person. Thanks again.