2020 Seconds Sale - SOLD OUT!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Re: 2020 Seconds Sale - SOLD OUT!

Post by The Deacon »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:58 pm
What a ride! Your enthusiasm and support for our first-ever online Seconds Sale have been tremendous. At this time the Seconds inventory is completely sold out and there will be no additional drops for this year’s sale. Thank you to everyone who participated and made this event possible. We are truly grateful to be a part of such a wonderful community!

Thank you Kristi and thanks Spyderco for holding the sale despite all the obstacles. Didn't wind up getting anything but just having the chance to participate for the first time made the last couple days more fun. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Congratulations Spyderco on a successful virtual Seconds Sale
and thank you for all the hard work.
You made a lot of Spyderco enthusiasts very happy.

May I suggest, now that the painful web work is done,
a permanent Factory Seconds page with drops at the Company's convenience.

Facebook and Twitter are not my style, for various reasons.
The cozy camaraderie of the faithful on this forum is my social media preference.

Accordingly, have a thread exclusively on this Spyderco forum
to which devotees could subscribe
and simply surprise us from time to time with drops.

My compliments again for pulling off a huge job on short notice.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I'm glad others had positive experiences. I think it's a miss that forum members don't get first dibs or anything special
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Understood. In my own case I felt somewhat like a hungry coyote
watching a wake of buzzards eating a dead cow.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:01 am
Understood. In my own case I felt somewhat like a hungry coyote
watching a wake of buzzards eating a dead cow.
Thats a good comparison! :D
Ibuyre

Post by Ibuyre »

I am new hear. I just want to say THANK YOU. Thank you for making this available to all of us. lol didn't get the ones I really wanted. BUT it was a fun ride and I did get some really cool knifes that I never would have bought if it wasn't for this sale. I will enjoy them for many years to come. Fingers crossed it becomes a annual sale.

Side note. Bots stink, and flippers destroy everything. Thanks for having your IT people blocking them. It was noticeable. At the start of the sale, I couldn't get anything through the process, but come the second day I could get some orders though. lol maybe sort through the rejects for the sale (the worst of the worst) and send that to the bot buyers :) lol stuff so bad they won't be able to flip it. And then ban both there shipping address and billing address from future sales. For anyone angry or up set at the sale. It's not Spyderco's fault. It's the fault of flippers using bots. Just the ramblings of someone that wants to send a bot master a lump of nut coal for x-mas.

Thanks again. Really looking forward to getting some super cool new knifes. :)
Chppy

Post by Chppy »

you guys wanna know the secret to getting knives at the online second sale!!?? YOU STOP BEING CHEAP AS **** AND JUST BUY THE KNIFE BY ITSELF AND PAY THE SHIPPING!! thats all i did and got everything i wanted sure everything was 15 bucks more but it meant i got it lol i saw soooooooooo many of you on here crying about trying to buy all at the same time to get free shipping lol smh
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Guilty as charged.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Chppy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:37 am
you guys wanna know the secret to getting knives at the online second sale!!?? YOU STOP BEING CHEAP AS **** AND JUST BUY THE KNIFE BY ITSELF AND PAY THE SHIPPING!! thats all i did and got everything i wanted sure everything was 15 bucks more but it meant i got it lol i saw soooooooooo many of you on here crying about trying to buy all at the same time to get free shipping lol smh
Tried that three times and my purchase was out of stock before the transaction went through each time. So that didn't always work either.
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Chppy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:37 am
Thats a good joke!
For me the shop didn't work at any time so i couldn' t even place a single order.

And if the shop had worked i whouldn't have payed 45$ per order for each shipping overseas.
There are also customs, taxes and handling fees for each order to Europe.

Nice when you got everything.
Username827

Post by Username827 »

I think it was just luck of the draw. Or I am just trying to justify my OCD checking of the site every 15 mins or less when I could lol
303_enfield

Post by 303_enfield »

While I'm glad those of us far from CO got the chance at a second. Well, "if" you where really lucky.

Sal, please list seconds on the sale section from time to time. Your site won't crash an they will sell without taxing your employees. An I might get a chance to buy one :)
Always looking for the right one :)
northmanscall

Post by northmanscall »

Thank you Spyderco for the opportunity to participate from Europe. I could score a long wanted Military. I really wanted more but that was a fun game.
I really can't understand the crying folks with their "worst customer experience ever". I mean Spyderco said they where doing something against bots and some items lasted over an hour after been put online. So
:bug-red Stefan :bug-red
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Doh! Is this the section to which you are referring:
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/catego ... -closeouts

I need to get out more. Didn't even know about that.
Yes, that would be the logical place to list seconds.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 am
I'm glad others had positive experiences. I think it's a miss that forum members don't get first dibs or anything special

Have we ever? AFAIK, the only requirement for "first dibs" at prior sales was showing up at SFO in person, very early, and pitching a tent. Didn't matter whether you were a member here, a member on another forum where Spyderco had a presence, someone who lurked on one or more of the above but never joined any of them, or just a Golden area local who heard it thru the grapevine.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
archangel

Post by archangel »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 pm
archangel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 pm
Has anyone counted the number of models that were dropped? From all the stories about the real thing I thought there'd be many many more than I've actually seen.

Well I scored zero. I checked in maybe 15 times, and the only model that wasn't already sold out and had my finger itch was the Parata - but I could resist in the end. A SpyOpera would have been another itcher, but it was already s.o. when I spotted it. Was there a listing of the SpydieChef? If so, at which price?

Hope someone answers...

Thanks to the Spyderco Gang for the opportunity!

Spydiechef was listed at $126

Oh boy, that would have been a jackpot catch.... Thanks for answering, MR.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

The Deacon wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:20 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 am

Have we ever? AFAIK, the only requirement for "first dibs" at prior sales was showing up at SFO in person, very early, and pitching a tent. Didn't matter whether you were a member here, a member on another forum where Spyderco had a presence, someone who lurked on one or more of the above but never joined any of them, or just a Golden area local who heard it thru the grapevine.
They don't have to deal with bots and resellers(as much) at the in person sales.

I think priority for the forumites would have led to a smoother overall experience. But, I'm biased.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Chppy

Post by Chppy »

**EDITED - TazKristi
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Are you a teenager? I'll cut you some slack if so.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Chppy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:37 pm
**EDITED - TazKristi

You must be new here.

Oh wait, scrolling at your post history, you're the guy who was crying out loud at the mods in all caps demanding when was the Factory Seconds sale date when it was posted all over the forums, in Instagram and Facebook of Spyderco. And here you are, saying that people here are b*****ng and crying when most of your posts are juvenile retorts of one sort or another.

This forum has decorum and rules. People here may disagree with one another sometimes, but we never resort to cursing and name calling and all other sort of juvenile behavior. This place isn't one of those Facebook knife groups that you may be used to where people are on their crassiest behavior most times. I suggest you read the rules first before posting another reply.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet