The blues...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

The blues...

Post by JRinFL »

Is anyone else really enjoying the new blue colors coming from Spyderco? I especially like the blue on the K390s and the SPY27s. Both look so much better in person than in the catalog pictures.

I applaud the ever expanding range of colors in Spyderco’s palette. :spyder:
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
The Meat man

Re: The blues...

Post by The Meat man »

I like the blue on my K390 Endura.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I really like the blue on the SPY27, just need the Para 3 LWs to show up again
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Blue isn't one of my favorite colors but I really like the Spy27 blue. It reminds me a lot of the original ZDP blue (is it the same?).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

While blue isn't one of my favorite colors by a bit, I do seem to have a growing number of blue Spydercos, including a blue ZDP-189 Stretch (though I don't have any SPY27's to compare), blue UKPK in S110V, blue BentoBox Delica 4 in M390, and a couple of blue Dragonflys - one the turquoise blue with S30V and the other the K390 blue.

I say I don't prefer blue, but... lol...

I do like the K390 blue, and the Stretch ZDP189 blue most out of the growing number of blue Spydies I have. It was for the blade steel(s) that I got all of them, not for the handle color, lol...

u.w.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:58 pm
I especially like the blue on the K390s
BLUE? my K390 is light green.
In general I like blue of all kinds, and lots of other colors. (fancy that- check my username) I have a light blue Tenacious, bought along with a green one. The green was more popular so they made more of them, now my budget blue knife is more rare. I once owned a light blue PM2 but traded it away. I have a dark blue Manix2 LW in S110V and a PM2 in blurple.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

The K390 blue is tied with Maxamet grey for my favorite FRN color. I definitely plan on getting more.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Some people are color blind and do not see colors normally. That affects their perceptions of color. Also, some cultures have traditionally not had a name for the color blue and will call it light black or some other color.

I love the blue colors coming from Spyderco. Blue is my favorite over all, but I like most colors. I wish they would give us more earth tone blues.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

bdblue wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:55 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:58 pm
I especially like the blue on the K390s
BLUE? my K390 is light green.

My father would have said the same.:) It’s definitely a hue that some will see as green. For most of us it is blue.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

u.w. wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 pm
While blue isn't one of my favorite colors by a bit, I do seem to have a growing number of blue Spydercos, including a blue ZDP-189 Stretch (though I don't have any SPY27's to compare), blue UKPK in S110V, blue BentoBox Delica 4 in M390, and a couple of blue Dragonflys - one the turquoise blue with S30V and the other the K390 blue.

I say I don't prefer blue, but... lol...

I do like the K390 blue, and the Stretch ZDP189 blue most out of the growing number of blue Spydies I have. It was for the blade steel(s) that I got all of them, not for the handle color, lol...

u.w.
Ha, I almost said something similar. I have many blue knives considering it’s not often my first choice. I guess maybe I am partial to blue...hmm.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'd prefer almost anything to standard black. That said, almost all of mine are black, and it doesn't bother me at all.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

definitely a fan of the k390 FRN color. It's nice and deep.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!