Swick redesign

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Niles

Swick redesign

Post by Niles »

I have been trying to find my ideal edc defensive knife. I've made several different models, then thought I might try remodeling my swick. This is what I came up with. It's straight out of heat treat so I've got a bit of work left to do. But what do you think?

I like the ergonomics and esthetics better than the original. And I appreciate this blade shape for defensive purposes (it should KEAL).

I'd like opinions on carry options? I'll make a kydex sheath for it. I want it to be discreet, but a quick draw. In previous models, the sheaths were made to replace my belt buckle, so it was a front horizontal carry. This blade is a little too long for that unless I didn't care that you'd see the print of the knife as the shirt hung over it.
E370EA0E-EFA1-4C68-A888-B8710512C2C7.jpeg
I'm not sure this is going to be my ideal knife or anything, but it's got promise.
Ez556

Re: Swick redesign

Post by Ez556 »

I carry my Ka-Bar TDI Hinderance weakside IWB at about 10:00, not quite appendix. That keeps it concealed within the natural curves of my body (ooh la la) while still allowing me to bend over without the handle jabbing me in the stomach and not becoming more pronounced as it would if I were to bend over with it positioned at 7:00 or 8:00. That positioning also allows me to either draw it with my weak hand in a normal saber grip (maybe brushing into phillipino) or draw it with my strong hand in a edge-out reverse grip.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.