Pattadese anticipation thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Pattadese anticipation thread

Post by elena86 »

This one is my most anticipated spydie in years. I own the Pattada but it's large enough to exclude it from my daily carry rotation and the blade stock is quite thick yet very thin behind the edge. Thank you Sal for keeping this project alive. Your re-interpretation of a smaller and edc friendly sardinian resolza deserves all praises but being the genius designer that you are, it's no surprise. Being offered in M390 steel with a 2.5 mm blade stock is just a bonus.I am going to purchase at least two and I would be so pride as european to have one with Sal Glesser signature on the blade. I am so pumped :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Re: Pattadese anticipation thread

Post by JRinFL »

I picked up the Pattada on clearance last year and it is a wonderful and overlooked design. The smaller version would be better for me, but does it fill a role that needs filling for me? I have not answered that yet.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

The pattada has a pattern and lock I favor but knew it was too big for my use. I considered chopping one, like I have so many other knives, but surprise surprise here comes one already chopped and in a steel I don't own.
I'm looking forward to it.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Bumping this up as the shipping alert went out today.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Very excited to see this one come in, especially with that 2.5 mm blade stock! :)

I also very much like the Pattada — Sal, would it be too much to ask for a sprint run of big brother in M390 this time? Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Matus

Post by Matus »

It is indeed a nice knife with about the right size and as others have mentioned - I also appreciate the thin blade. I just wish it would come (also) in a different handle color.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

The more I look at this the more I like it. Thin blade in m390, contoured scales, attractive design, good EDC size. Something other than black g10 would be nice for variety, but it looks good.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

I was really looking forward to this one too, like the Swayback.

Until I realised it was another righty oriented lock. :(

I guess it would be ‘usable’ for a southpaw, but I don’t really believe in making ‘rightist’ compromises anymore, when buying expensive knives.

Nice knife, though. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it, Marius. :)
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I really like the looks of this one’s blade!
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:48 am
The more I look at this the more I like it. Thin blade in m390, contoured scales, attractive design, good EDC size. Something other than black g10 would be nice for variety, but it looks good.
My thoughts exactly. Very cool knife dressed in very boring black g10. But the unique design might be enough to carry it.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have the full size and it is very nice. Tempted by this one but I like bigger knives.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm
I have the full size and it is very nice. Tempted by this one but I like bigger knives.
Since your have the full size, I was wondering how well does the wire clip work with the smooth g10? My kapara has escaped my pocket a few times because the smooth CF doesn't seem to like the low tension of the wire clip. I'm hoping smooth g10 is grippier than the CF.

I like the wire clip in general, but I end up not carrying the kapara much and don't want to end up with another great knife that I don't carry.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:20 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Since your have the full size, I was wondering how well does the wire clip work with the smooth g10? My kapara has escaped my pocket a few times because the smooth CF doesn't seem to like the low tension of the wire clip. I'm hoping smooth g10 is grippier than the CF.

I like the wire clip in general, but I end up not carrying the kapara much and don't want to end up with another great knife that I don't carry.
I have never had an issue with the wire clips. I very much prefer the spoon clips though. If i haven’t lost my Sage2 yet then I don’t think that I will lose any other wire clipped knife. That Ti is pretty smooth.

The G10 on my Pattada isn’t super smooth. I have actually thought about polishing it up some quite a few times.

I suggest that you take the clip off of your Kapara and use needle nose pliers to bend the two ends that engage the knife scales. You should be able to adjust the tension to your liking.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:19 pm
Notsurewhy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:20 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:

I have never had an issue with the wire clips. I very much prefer the spoon clips though. If i haven’t lost my Sage2 yet then I don’t think that I will lose any other wire clipped knife. That Ti is pretty smooth.

The G10 on my Pattada isn’t super smooth. I have actually thought about polishing it up some quite a few times.

I suggest that you take the clip off of your Kapara and use needle nose pliers to bend the two ends that engage the knife scales. You should be able to adjust the tension to your liking.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that the g10 isn't super slick. I've never had an issue with a wire clip on frn or g10, but this g10 looked more polished than usual.
sal

Post by sal »

I liked carrying the design, but i also thought it was a bit large for EDC in many areas. The original is a few hundred years old and has passed the test of time. I just "Spyderized" it.

Sorry 'bout the color. It's not a sprint. what color G-10 would you like to see?

sal
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I'm okay with black G10, Sal. I just had a crazy idea that in the distant future, the new trend will be G100 nano-pigment scales that change color in response to the user's preference :)
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Indianan Knives, expected shipping 2/5... https://indianaknives.com/products/spyd ... 87d0&_ss=r
•• Beau
elena86

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:09 am
I liked carrying the design, but i also thought it was a bit large for EDC in many areas. The original is a few hundred years old and has passed the test of time. I just "Spyderized" it.

Sorry 'bout the color. It's not a sprint. what color G-10 would you like to see?

sal

What about ivory or burgundy ? The design is awesome :spyder:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Flizwit

Post by Flizwit »

Definitely need more ivory G10 knives!
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW