Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hereiamu1

Re: Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Post by hereiamu1 »

samdasnake wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm
I finally got lucky - I happened to be on the site when the new drop happened but before the tweet went out. Grabbed a Yojimbo. Super happy about.
The Yojimbo is the one I really wanted but no luck for me.
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

I think I may use the sale next year as an excuse to visit the motherland!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

That would really be a bummer because I waited to place some orders today anticipating more to be added tomorrow. That was their plan anyway.
-Nick :bug-red
Chppy

Post by Chppy »

thank you guys so much for even letting us get a chance to participate in the second sale i really appreciate it all you guys pissed about the website screwing up you gotta give em a break they were trying to include everyone and to be honest they are discounted but not by so much that if you just save a little you can get a brand new one anywhere stop being little babys
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Probably decided it was better to close early than continue to upset so many people. Looking forward to arrival of mine. Thank you Spyderco crew!!
Chppy

Post by Chppy »

i got the yojimbo for 113 from the sale its 150 on blade HQ you 37 bucks guys its not that big a deal xD
knife__bro69

Post by knife__bro69 »

Lumpy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 pm
**** I hope it’s not completely done. Supposed to go thru tomorrow. Maybe they’ll throw some more up tomorrow? Seems like it’s dunzo.
I did some digging around and according to their twitter, the factory second sale has ended because they have sold out. It was scheduled to run until Saturday, UNLESS they sold out, which is why it has ended early.

https://twitter.com/SpydercoKnives/stat ... 40769?s=20

Was hoping to nail myself a Shaman but I guess not...

Also let it be known that the last knife to sell was the Parata
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:51 pm
That would really be a bummer because I waited to place some orders today anticipating more to be added tomorrow. That was their plan anyway.
Think of all the exclusives that will be at next year's sale if it is held in person Nick :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

toxophilus wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:59 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Think of all the exclusives that will be at next year's sale if it is held in person Nick :D
Yep!!! ;) All of those exclusives, on top of all the exclusives 2021 brings! It will be an epic sale. Plus all of the REX45 Sprints we didn't see here could be there next year too. (I might be ready to setup a chair and start waiting already... LOL :D)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:07 pm
toxophilus wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Yep!!! ;) All of those exclusives, on top of all the exclusives 2021 brings! It will be an epic sale. Plus all of the REX45 Sprints we didn't see here could be there next year too. (I might be ready to setup a chair and start waiting already... LOL :D)

Yeah, they definitely had to hold A LOT back. That was probably less than 10% of the models they have made in the past two years. Think of how many different flavors of Seki models of Delicas, Endura, Dflies, Manbugs, Ladybugs, Stretches, Wharnies, Salts, Hawkbills, etc were missing?? Those were the ones I was hoping for. I am bummed I missed the K390 Endura. I am excited for the 3 different Militaries I was able to get though. I am now set on my favorite Golden-made model.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
toxophilus wrote:
Mushroom wrote:

Yeah, they definitely had to hold A LOT back. That was probably less than 10% of the models they have made in the past two years. Think of how many different flavors of Seki models of Delicas, Endura, Dflies, Manbugs, Ladybugs, Stretches, Wharnies, Salts, Hawkbills, etc were missing?? Those were the ones I was hoping for. I am bummed I missed the K390 Endura. I am excited for the 3 different Militaries I was able to get though. I am now set on my favorite Golden-made model.
In my experience, knives from Seki have always been much less prevalent at the sale than those from Golden, China and Taichung. Especially the Seki models with single piece FRN handles like the Dragonfly, Manbug, and Ladybug. Even Delica's are hard to come by at the sale, believe it or not.

Although, there were a bunch of Titanium/Damascus Delicas and Enduras there for a couple years. I wonder if there just wasn't enough left to justify listing them or if there just weren't any left at all.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:56 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
toxophilus wrote:

In my experience, knives from Seki have always been much less prevalent at the sale than those from Golden, China and Taichung. Especially the Seki models with single piece FRN handles like the Dragonfly, Manbug, and Ladybug. Even Delica's are hard to come by at the sale, believe it or not.

Although, there were a bunch of Titanium/Damascus Delicas and Enduras there for a couple years. I wonder if there just wasn't enough left to justify listing them or if there just weren't any left at all.

I wonder if most of the Seki seconds get sold in Japan or something? When I worked a summer job in an extrusion factory the line workers were "allowed" to take the material that got QC'd out of the run from the dumpster. Most was fairly useless specialized stuff, but you would have thought it was Christmas in July at that factory when 100's of yards of industrial tool box liner didn't make the grade. I was in highschool at the time so I didn't know any better, but man I wish I would have loaded up on that stuff looking back. :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Wow, I feel very lucky to have gotten my Waterway. It was one of two I really wanted, so thank you Spyderco!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001