Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, Everyone:
Here are answers to the most popular questions about our first-ever online Seconds Sale. Be sure to follow @SpydercoKnives on Twitter for updates throughout the Sale!

https://youtu.be/R5OQLDH0U9A

https://youtu.be/cT-0VWpCYZk
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mushroom

Re: Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Post by Mushroom »

Thanks for the update, Kristi. :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Questions on payment for international customers: Will there be Paypal options? my Visa card I use to purchase from US knife retailers like DLT, KnivesShipFree, etc. is a-ok but I'm concerned that there will be restrictions. Also will there be international shipping? It would be ok if there is none since I usually have my bought knives from US retailers shipped to my freight forwarders based on NJ and California, but if you would ship internationally it would be a most welcome option.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good to know. I'm looking forward to the sale!
Thank you Kristi.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:21 pm
Questions on payment for international customers: Will there be Paypal options? my Visa card I use to purchase from US knife retailers like DLT, KnivesShipFree, etc. is a-ok but I'm concerned that there will be restrictions. Also will there be international shipping? It would be ok if there is none since I usually have my bought knives from US retailers shipped to my freight forwarders based on NJ and California, but if you would ship internationally it would be a most welcome option.
nerdlock,
I'm sorry, but we don't accept PayPal. We do accept Visa and MasterCard. We are shipping internationally and our standard shipping rates will apply.

We appreciate your interest!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Thank you, that is good news. I have both Visa and Mastercard. Thank you for the information!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Aidenvgreco

Post by Aidenvgreco »

I really hope the curbside option works out. I see no point in mailing something 10 miles ;)
Super excited!
Librarian

Post by Librarian »

Delivery is international, but not to all countries.
Why don't you ship to Russia?
carpdiem

Post by carpdiem »

Will our forum accounts work for the seconds sale, or is there another kind of spyderco account we need?
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

carpdiem wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:27 am
Will our forum accounts work for the seconds sale, or is there another kind of spyderco account we need?
It's a separate account. Go to Spyderco.com, click on My Account and then Create Account.
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

My question is: Are we able to combine items for shipping? Since knives are only secured after purchase many buyers may choose to make multiple purchases.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Qcrazy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:43 am
My question is: Are we able to combine items for shipping? Since knives are only secured after purchase many buyers may choose to make multiple purchases.
You are allowed to place multiple orders but each order is processed as a separate transaction.

(source - 1:50 of the video "Seconds Sale FAQ")
-Nick :bug-red
carpdiem

Post by carpdiem »

ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 am
It's a separate account. Go to Spyderco.com, click on My Account and then Create Account.
Got it. Much thanks!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I like that Spyderco will be adding more knives throughout the sale. That means that there will be multiple chances to find something in high demand rather than just a feeding frenzy in the opening minutes.

I also like that they're instating purchase limits for some models.

Looking forward to it!
bruce91748

Post by bruce91748 »

This sale is causing me sleepless nights. Even dreamed about going to the sale in person last night and then someone stole parts off of my car in the parking lot!!! Will probably not sleep good again tonight.... Just checked the bank account, yep I'll have to transfer some money from the 401K account, but so what....
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I'm ready, and really excited. Hoping I can score some of the models I've been looking at for quite some time; at a price more friendly to my budget. A Native is pretty high on my list, same with PM3.
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

I am really trying to give Spyderco some money, but I'm having trouble finding the sale on their website. Is it just under their Specials/Closeout section or am I missing something?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Aidenvgreco, Librarian, Bruce, Cody, Grippy,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I created an account on spyderco.com, but I am unable to sign into my account. I was wondering if there is an email that I need to click on to confirm my account? Or is there just generally a delay in creating the account and being able to sign in?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Grippy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:21 pm
I am really trying to give Spyderco some money, but I'm having trouble finding the sale on their website. Is it just under their Specials/Closeout section or am I missing something?
The link won't appear until the sale starts. That happens tomorrow at 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time.