Native 5 Stock Replenishments?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RAHComanche

Native 5 Stock Replenishments?

Post by RAHComanche »

Hello! I have my sights set on a Native 5 Fluted Carbon and am willing to wait, even months. But perhaps not a year. The other Native 5s I have interest in are G-10s and they are also out of stock. A query to Spyderco could not provide any more information other than "we do not know". But they must have an approximation right? Any guesses out there as how to long patience is required. Prefer to buy direct from Spyderco too.

Thanks!

Marco
blades&wrenches

Re: Native 5 Stock Replenishments?

Post by blades&wrenches »

Fluted CF is out there but you may have to look a little. G10 sprints and exclusives don’t usually stay in stock for long. Regular production G10s (S30V & S110V) are not hard to find.
Last edited by blades&wrenches on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Wow, the fluted CF Native is out of stock everywhere. Interesting.

As for the G10, the only ones to be had new these days are the standard production models in S110V and S30V steel. Any other sprint or exclusive would have to be bought on the secondary market, as they are all sold out.

If I had to guess on a new G10 model in the near future, probably the SPY27 or DLC coated Cruwear from DLT.
Peter
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I was half expecting the fluted CF Native to be on the discontinued list. Since it wasn't I'm confident they'll do another run at some point. I've always planned on picking one of these up but it's been a low priority since I already have a 40th Native. The S90V fluted CF is the one I wanted originally but then they decided to not make it. I'm happy they reconsidered and decided to make it after all. So I'll get one if/when they do another run.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

We have two interesting threads happening right now..

This one, asking for replenishment.

Another one, asking for Golden expansion.

Take a guess how the two are related and you'll have your answer why neither thread is likely to get what they want.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

New Graham Knives has them in stock, but OP is saying that he wants to buy direct from Spyderco.
So it goes.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I searched for a bit and found it available on 4 or 5 sites but most of the aren't well known. I just bought the Sage 1 Maxamet. So not buying at the moment anyway
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Marco,

Welcome to our forum.

Sorry for your disappointment. We make knives in batches. Exotic models are not regular production. We make a batch, watch sales, when it's gone, we try to fit another batch in into our production schedule and they are not large quantity. Some of these models are very challenging to make at all, much less in regular production.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:44 pm
Hi Marco,

Welcome to our forum.

Sorry for your disappointment. We make knives in batches. Exotic models are not regular production. We make a batch, watch sales, when it's gone, we try to fit another batch in into our production schedule and they are not large quantity. Some of these models are very challenging to make at all, much less in regular production.

sal

Bit off topic (sorta) but I would love to see that fluted pattern ground into more knives. It could really be Spyderco's trademark scale pattern. There are a couple other companies that come to mind that have had a trademark (and very marketable) handle grind pattern and if the fluted pattern was made more available I think it would sell very very well even in just plain black G10.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

Thank you sal. Not disappointed at all. Just excited about this knife. I do infer from what everyone implied, that restocking of this Native 5 fluted CF is not around the corner:) I will consider a Sage 5 from your site or procuring from New Graham. Thank you all!

Marco
sal wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:44 pm
Hi Marco,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
carrot

Post by carrot »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:47 am
Bit off topic (sorta) but I would love to see that fluted pattern ground into more knives. It could really be Spyderco's trademark scale pattern. There are a couple other companies that come to mind that have had a trademark (and very marketable) handle grind pattern and if the fluted pattern was made more available I think it would sell very very well even in just plain black G10.
I wouldn't even mind seeing the fluted pattern in FRN, to be honest.
kobold

Post by kobold »

I am in the same boat. Thinking about configuring some software (eg Distill) pointed at https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -S90V/1062 to notify me when there is a change on the page.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I just got a fluted CF in from a friend of mine. Luckily he decided to let it go finally. Although it seems like i had seen it in stock somewhere else here recently. 👌
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I just bought one at New Graham. Looking forward to getting this one in hand.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:07 am
I just bought one at New Graham. Looking forward to getting this one in hand.
I really think you will like it, it's definitely my favorite Native and one of my favorite Spydies. I would recommend picking up a deep carry clip from MXG, it makes the carry so nice!

So it goes.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 am

I really think you will like it, it's definitely my favorite Native and one of my favorite Spydies. I would recommend picking up a deep carry clip from MXG, it makes the carry so nice!

That's nice! I will have this Natives one day.

I have that clip on my BHQ M4 Native. Works really well. There are two version of this MXG clip style - deeper and shallower. For the Native, and the PM2, the shallower one fits better. Doesn't stick out over the handle. Deeper one is better for Para 3.
Peter
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

anycal wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:38 am
Airlsee wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 am

That's nice! I will have this Natives one day.

I have that clip on my BHQ M4 Native. Works really well. There are two version of this MXG clip style - deeper and shallower. For the Native, and the PM2, the shallower one fits better. Doesn't stick out over the handle. Deeper one is better for Para 3.

Great minds think alike!!

So it goes.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Thanks for posting some pictures. I have not bought any expensive Spyderco's in several years once they started doing the price fixing. Mostly been buying FRN models. Decided to splurge and this is the one I picked. I normally like my knives stock without modifications but that after market clip looks nice. Might have to consider it....
anycal

Post by anycal »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 am

Great minds think alike!!

Nice!

As much as I want that CF Native, I wouldn't say no to another G10. K390 would be awesome!

Peter
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I don't think Bento has ever done a Native exclusive have they? A Ranger Green K390 Native would be great! I've got both the PM2 and P3, it would be nice if Golden could get up around that 65 HRC mark like Seki produces.
So it goes.