DLT Trading Red/Black Zome Delica in 20CV

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

DLT Trading Red/Black Zome Delica in 20CV

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Seki factory has been on Delica overdrive recently - a CC version of a red/black Zome Delica with CPM-20CV was just spotted on Instagram. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Re: DLT Trading Red/Black Zome Delica in 20CV

Post by steelcity16 »

Why so much zome lately? It is one of my deal breakers. Would have definitely bought in just plain red or plain black FRN. I guess some people like it?? ;)
Last edited by steelcity16 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Link please
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wow DLT is killing it this year! Bravo!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Can someone please post a picture? I have no Instagram account. Thanks.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I don't see anything on their Instagram account.
RadioactiveSpyder

It hasn’t been announced by DLT yet nor is there a link available on their website to my knowledge. This is a screenshot of a quick unboxing video posted by Dan “Carsknivesguns” on IG, he’s CC member 003.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:09 pm
Can someone please post a picture? I have no Instagram account. Thanks.
I don't have an Instagram account either. I do have a few Instagram pages bookmarked so I can view them. You can't click on any of the posts/images from a desktop browser. You can from a mobile browser, though there are limits to what you can do. I just peruse a few accounts from time to time. What you can do with Instagram without an account is becoming more and more limited though. At some point they will probably require an account, at which point I'll erase the bookmarks.

Also, a Police in this configuration would be appreciated.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

One step closer to a red/black Ladybug!
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

meh. Is it just me or is this sorta an uninteresting exclusive? It’s just sorta nothing particularly new or exciting.

If it’s to actually be an exclusive, a model in continuing production, then that’s neat I guess. More options are good.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

eRoc wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:34 pm
One step closer to a red/black Ladybug!
:D
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

That could be purple and black in no time flat...if you're afflicted with such desires. :)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:01 pm
meh. Is it just me or is this sorta an uninteresting exclusive? It’s just sorta nothing particularly new or exciting.

If it’s to actually be an exclusive, a model in continuing production, then that’s neat I guess. More options are good.

While exclusives can be in continuing production so to speak, it is a bit of a misconception in that regard as I would guess >90% of exclusives are only run once by the dealers as they all have a list a mile long of different knives they want to do (as would I!). For the ones that actually do get rerun, the time between runs can be a year or two so they might get run, sell out in a day, then sell the second run out in a day years later and so on, so while they keep making them, most aren't continuously available in the way a run of the mill VG-10 Delica or ZDP Delica is in that you can get them at any dealer any time.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Why zome though???? :confused:

If it was just plain red like their Smock/Pm2/Para3/Manix I would be so all over it for my DLT red collection! :(
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:25 pm
It hasn’t been announced by DLT yet nor is there a link available on their website to my knowledge. This is a screenshot of a quick unboxing video posted by Dan “Carsknivesguns” on IG, he’s CC member 003.
Thank you for the picture. My money is safe because that looks like greasy fingerprints on a red knife. Just my opinion.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

In my opinion zome only looked good on the green/black colorway...at least it looked cool in a camouflage-y kind of way.

On the brighter colors like the orange and this one, red, it just seems to make the knife look, I dunno. Many people may like it though. Just saying if this is the next DLT exclusive, DLT really missed an opportunity to add to their Red scaled series of knives. It would have been a knockout. And I'm saying this as someone who has been collecting many DLT exclusives released so far.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I think red is reserved for the trainer model...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I am not a fan of Zome in general and surely the Delica market is pretty much saturated right now? I am not even a Delica guy and I have picked up two or three recently with a lot more out there. This is definitely a pass.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
RadioactiveSpyder

In my opinion, the orange and black Zome and now this red and black version call out for black blades instead. :)

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:43 pm
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:25 pm
Thank you for the picture. My money is safe because that looks like greasy fingerprints on a red knife. Just my opinion.
I've gotta agree. Hopwfully it's just that particular example, because that's some pretty uninteresting zome. It doesn't look artistic at all, it just looks like smudges. The orange and black one Radioactive posted above looks so much better. So I'll reserve judgement until some better pictures come out.

Edit to add: Interesting that DLT has two Delica exclusives practically back-to-back. I'm hoping that's not the only Seki model they'll consider.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.