2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kfalk

Re: 2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

Postby Kfalk » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Ahh, thanks. Been too long

cabfrank

Postby cabfrank » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 pm

That'll happen. 😉

dlum1

Postby dlum1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm particularly thankful Spyderco allowed an online sale at all. I've been wanting to get in on a 2nds sale for 2+ years now but could never be there in person (living on the east coast). I managed to snag a military and was hoping to grab 2 other knives as gifts, but the items sold out before I could check out. At the time, I suspected too many automated scripts were pinging the servers and grinding everything to a halt while trying to automate the purchase of one or two knives. Needless to say, I was surprised to hear people were attempting to use bots to buy out all the stock. I mean, who does that? I'm stoked I managed to get an s30v military and hope Spyderco does an online 2nds sale in the future, but would completely understand why they'd prefer to keep it offline and close to home.

NarwhalisnotKosher

Postby NarwhalisnotKosher » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:39 am

sal wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:09 pm
Hi Narwhalisnotkosher, Kfailk, ChopSliceStab,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thank you. It's greatly appreciated.

Kfalk

Postby Kfalk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:44 pm

ChopSliceStab wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:03 pm
Kfalk wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:53 pm
Just received my order - para 3 and native in maxamet. Both look surprisingly good. Only thing I could see was each slightly favoured the show side.
With 2 maxamet blades on the way this is the post I was waiting to see. Fingers crossed.
I’m sure you’ll be happy!

Kfalk

Postby Kfalk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:46 pm

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 pm
That'll happen. 😉
Yeah - Sucks getting old. Lol

cabfrank

Postby cabfrank » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:09 pm

Better than the alternative though!

Ibuyre

Postby Ibuyre » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Thank you spyderco. Thank you for doing this on line sale. I know it was tons of work. But hears a idea and a little about me and sure I am not alone.

So I am totally new to being into knifes. I never thought much of them. Have had many over the years but they get used and come and go.Well this sale has gotten me hooked on spyderco knifes and gotten me bit by the knife bug. Because of that you have made a life long spyderco fan. I really look forward to future sales. Thank you.

Ok I have noticed on hear, a bunch of people happy and a bunch not as happy and wishing that forum members got a better shot. Some wishing for online only, some wishing for store, in person only. Just all over the place reactions. It's life (can't make everyone happy), and I am sure it's been a ton of extra work for spyderco workers. A idea to maybe make things easier, and make some of the "forum first" guys happy. Maybe figure the average price of a 2nd and just let each forum member buy a mixed box of 10 or 20 seconds. As in, no pick in anyway... just 10 or 20 random knifes. That way you wouldn't have to worry about low stock things, or people not getting what they wanted or any of that. If that was done, I would just hope that one didn't end up with all the same knife or all budget knifes.

Do you follow me? Give less choice so that people can't complain about what they got or didn't get. lol Just hears your mystery box of 2nds. Everyone gets 1 order ONLY. Limits the number of orders and number of packages you have to deal with. Much easier on the web site. Just a idea.

I think it would be fun, after we all got our mixed boxes we could post up things we got 2 or 3 of or that we don't really like and everyone could trade with each other.

Thanks again. I hope there's some online option in the future. I am really looking forward to the packages I have coming. Thank you.

TkoK83Spy

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:59 am

That wouldn't work for most forum members. A lot of members here already have a ton of knives and like the seconds sale as a shot at a specific model or steel we'd like to try. I would have zero interest in a mixed box of 10-20 knives...have you even considered how much money that would cost!?!? Then it being a mixed box, I could already own..in perfect condition all 10 of said knives. I'm 100% positive that a lot of people here would agree with me on that one. That's not a very good idea bud, sorry. Not a bad idea for someone new to Spyderco, or someone with some deep pockets, willing to take a chance.

PS...trading/selling is also forbidden on this forum.
21 :spyder:'s in 14 different steels
1- Zero Tolerance 0470
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Benchmade 940 (BHQ Exclusive/M4)
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays

-Rick

nerdlock

Postby nerdlock » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:36 am

Ibuyre wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 pm
Thank you spyderco. Thank you for doing this on line sale. I know it was tons of work. But hears a idea and a little about me and sure I am not alone.

So I am totally new to being into knifes. I never thought much of them. Have had many over the years but they get used and come and go.Well this sale has gotten me hooked on spyderco knifes and gotten me bit by the knife bug. Because of that you have made a life long spyderco fan. I really look forward to future sales. Thank you....

.... Thanks again. I hope there's some online option in the future. I am really looking forward to the packages I have coming. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

I count you and another member (or two) who were new to collecting Spydercos and started due to this sale specifically. Just another plus point for the online seconds sale format for consideration by SFO. Bringing in new collectors to the fold. :)
VG10:S30V:S45VN:SPY27:LC200N:XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:M4:Rex-45:K390:Maxamet

Blades

Postby Blades » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:18 am

My Ronin arrived this week. Now to get a friend to make a leather sheath for it. Hopefully, Spyderco will do it again next year.

Wartstein

Postby Wartstein » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:59 am

SteveDecker wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:45 am
It's a pitty I missed the sale. I hope you will arrange another one and I will have time to fulfill all my wishes.

Welcome to the forum! :)
I am courious too, how the sale will be arranged in the future... pros and cons both for online and for "traditional", as well as for some kind of mixture...
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”