Commemorative Knife Idea...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
justjohn

Commemorative Knife Idea...

Post by justjohn »

I would like to see a commemorative knife produced in honor of our very own, the one, the only, TazKristi. She is arguably the cornerstone of the Forums and I'm sure anything else she is involved in at Spyderco. The Delica comes to mind as the perfect knife for the occassion for obvious reasons. TK should be allowed to chose the scale material and color, blade steel and edge grind. This masterpiece could simply be called Taz. A portion of the sales could be donated to the organization of TK's choice. What do you say people??? If enough of us show interest this idea it may find it's way to management, and who knows; the Taz may become a reality. :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
bdblue

Re: Commemorative Knife Idea...

Post by bdblue »

Sounds like a very interesting idea, but Taz should be able to choose the model as well.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

I think it would be hard for Sal to pick just one of he's employees.

But a Taz would have to be a fixed blade as she has fixed so much over the years
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Ric

Post by Ric »

viewtopic.php?t=61530#p893904
Yes, I carry... several typically. I have many that I rotate through but I can honestly say I don't have a single Ladybug. The ATR is still one of my favorites but I'm also very fond of the Yojimbo2, P'Kal, Manix2, Para2, Domino, Millie, Starmate or... there's too many to list. I love the Fred Perrin mid-tech LaGriffe that Mike gave me. I never carry in a purse though (those are also known as a black hole), each is carried on me.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Ric wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:04 pm
viewtopic.php?t=61530#p893904
Yes, I carry... several typically. I have many that I rotate through but I can honestly say I don't have a single Ladybug. The ATR is still one of my favorites but I'm also very fond of the Yojimbo2, P'Kal, Manix2, Para2, Domino, Millie, Starmate or... there's too many to list. I love the Fred Perrin mid-tech LaGriffe that Mike gave me. I never carry in a purse though (those are also known as a black hole), each is carried on me.

Nice find, Ric :)

What I like most there is Michael Janichs post about Kristi (quote) ;):

"It's always a trip at shows when Mr. Testosterone comes up and asks her a question, not expecting a "girl' to know anything about knives. In a flash, Kristi whips out a knife to get his attention and then proceeds to authoritatively answer every question thrown at her. The respect she's earned from countless military and law enforcement professionals with whom she's worked is truly impressive. We're very lucky to have her!"
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

That's what I'm talking about! Keep the great inputs coming. Any and all inputs welcome and appreciated. This is everyone's thread so don't be shy. I will now fade away and watch this "snowball" gain it's momentum. :D
- John

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

The Spyderco Devil?

Brown scales, SE, illiterate and ANGRY!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:37 am
The Spyderco Devil?

Seems like you are the angry one. I don't think your inputs are of any value here. I hope your issues get resolved and have a nice day.
- John

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

justjohn wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:37 am
The Spyderco Devil?

Seems like you are the angry one. I don't think your inputs are of any value here. I hope your issues get resolved and have a nice day.
I think it's possible that there might be some level of misunderstanding here.

Personally, I thought SDG was referring to the Tasmanian Devil.
Last edited by Mushroom on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick :bug-red
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

I initially thought that, but the illiterate part is what changed my mind. If I am wrong I sincerely apologise to SDG.
- John

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

justjohn wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 am
I initially thought that, but the illiterate part is what changed my mind. If I am wrong I sincerely apologise to SDG.
Might need to get the lipstick ready! ;)

As Mush guessed, I was referring to the Looney Toons character that Kristi's screen name is derived from...

He goes: "YABLAGHGLAGHBLABGALAGH!"
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

SDG... I am sorry for my response to your initial post. I A$$umed the worst and ended up responding inappropriately. Actually I like the brown scale, SE idea.
- John

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

It's all in the past. :D

-Thomas Jefferson
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

😻
sal

Post by sal »

Interesting idea, and I'm sure Kristi appreciates the thought.

Actually the "Forum Team" consists of Kristi, Mike and me. I must say they are invaluable for their knowledge, skill and communication ability. I'm sure you appreciate their participation.

sal
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

I like this idea too!
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

In response to Mr. Glesser:
So you are saying I'm thinking too small? I need to look at the bigger picture? A triple play, that's it!!! The "TAZ", the "JANICH", and the "SPYDERSAL". I guess that's why you are the Big Guy Mr. Glesser.

In all seriousness, I meant no offense to Mr. Janich or you Mr. Glesser. I do appreciate the entire "Forum Team" for their efforts in making this a place where you can have some fun, exchange ideas, and get an education at the same time.

Is it too late to change the title of this thread to The Titanic? :D
- John

Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

Since we should all have knives that been designed by the other 2/3 of the forum team, I'd rather see Kristi design a knife instead of choosing colors and materials. I'm sure she'd come up with something amazing.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

standy99 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:09 pm
I think it would be hard for Sal to pick just one of he's employees.

But a Taz would have to be a fixed blade as she has fixed so much over the years
That's a good point, but perhaps it might be an idea to recognize certain longtime, valued employees of the company? (as in maybe a yearly thing or something)
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JonLeBlanc,

We take petty good care of all of our crew. Kristi is great, Mike is great, and I believe they know we appreciate them.

As the Japanese taught me , "You have to keep your good crew or you're always training, and if you are always training, you never get good".

sal