RESCUKPK: UKPK salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Superfool

RESCUKPK: UKPK salt

Post by Superfool »

So, I was thinking about a second campaign on the UKPK, similar to the damasteel one.

Something along the lines of a UKPK salt, H1 steel or similar (open to suggestions from you metal perverts out there.
Blade shape up for discussion, but there has been some wharncliffe talk recently.
Maybe a serrated / rescue version with room for a lanyard, or a bungee so you don't lose it.
Maybe G10 with a handle in the yellow / green colours inspired by the UK ambulance service, or luminous for night glow?

Is this dead in the water, or is there interest here?
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
curlyhairedboy

Re: RESCUKPK: UKPK salt

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I think there was a rescue version of the UKPK, but it would definitely be nice to bring back as an extra useful/friendly blade for restrictive jurisdictions.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Rab

Post by Rab »

I'm interested in the wharncliffe blade in the other thread but I'd definitely fancy a Salt as well.

My choice (if I'm getting to chose) would be a PE sheepsfoot, like the old rescue blade profile just not serrated. In the new light green FRN with LC200N.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I think a sheepsfoot UKPK in LC200N would be a great general purpose EDC.

A lanyard hole would also be really beneficial for those, like me, who are often working on or near water. Coupled with a serrated blade, that knife would be a fantastic choice for sailors in the UK who don't want to worry about leaving their knife in their pocket when going to the pub afterwards :)
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’d be up to anything. With the UKPK Salt already rumored to be coming we will have to wait to see what steel, blade shape, SE/PE, scale color and material it has.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm
I’d be up to anything. With the UKPK Salt already rumored to be coming we will have to wait to see what steel, blade shape, SE/PE, scale color and material it has.
Oooooh. I had no idea that was going on.
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020