Predictions for Straight Spine Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Predictions for Straight Spine Stretch

Post by steelcity16 »

What do you guys think is going to be next for the Straight Spine Stretch? I've been carrying my sprint daily for the past few weeks and it is really growing on me. It is right below the Endura right now for my favorite folder.

So I am curious to the plan for the SSS moving forward? We know Sal said he is working on a larger 4" SSSXL, possibly/probably to be released (I believe as a production folder...but maybe it is a sprint?) in CPM-Cruwear, which is AWESOME.

My guess is that they will roll the SSS into production at the same time in the same scale color (grey? some nice shade of earthy brown or green??) and CPM-Cruwear to match the new larger version.

I think we will also see both in K390 at some point. Doubtful on ZDP-189. And I think that there is a chance they may do a black or maybe even orange VG-10 in production, but I would think that would be after the initial Cruwear release and the subsequent K390 version and based on the sales and feedback of those.

Thoughts?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Re: Predictions for Straight Spine Stretch

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's anyone's guess what we'll see next for the SSS, if anything. Nice knife for sure but I've only carried mine a couple times. As much as I like it there's always something I like better
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

Thanks Steelcity16, this is a very interesting topic and I would like to put my name in the hat for a K390. I had given up on the stretch. I sold off my stretch 1s since they just did not feel right in my hand. I had picked up a G10 version many years ago and put it way because I had to many knives in my daily rotation. Fast forward to a month ago or so and I pulled it out and carried it over the weekend on some chores. Needless to say it is back in my daily rotation and I have since added a vtoku-2 sprint and the Straight spine sprint. Tastes change over time.

JonesE
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I was hoping for the SSS to eventually be included in the K390 sprint run. Has there been any mention of that? (Right now I've got the K390 Endela on pre-order and it could use some company.)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

It will receive a curvey spine!!! :D :p ;)

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

I think the model will get a lot of traction with a black handle. I'd love to see yellow LC200N in the future as well.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

spoonrobot wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 am
I think the model will get a lot of traction with a black handle. I'd love to see yellow LC200N in the future as well.

Yes, I agree. I think we definitely could see these as LC200N Salts if sales of the base models are good and people are expressing demand for Salt versions. They would likely be green to match the others I would think though. I would definitely buy SSS and SSSXL Salts.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red