SFO virtual tour - please!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FullFlatMind

Re: SFO virtual tour - please!

Post by FullFlatMind »

I look forward to seeing this. I have only been there once and that was 5 years ago. I had just completed a 17-mile mtn bike ride and was too exhausted to fully enjoy the showroom.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Quick and simple walkthrough of the SFO. I’ve heard a salt knife is inside the fish tank but since I’ve never actually looked in there to verify, I pretty much skipped over it.

https://youtu.be/pPnxkmwP8Gg

Here’s some options that spyderco is looking for input on. https://youtu.be/iTVCUPiZeVg
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

Rinzler wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm
Work projects have delayed me on getting to SFO, but I was able to make it over there today. As usual Spyderco’s employees were top notch and I was able to get some video in the morning without the store being busy as it typically is.

I have a video walkthrough of the store and another video (and pictures) focused on the watu knives that I’ll upload and post later tonight.

I hope you all can enjoy it even though the commentary is light and I’m not a professional YouTube knife personality or videographer...
I'm sure it's going to be great! Where can we find the video when its done?

Edit: Sorry I missed that they were on page 2! :p
Last edited by Sonorum on Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
/ David
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Rinzler, you have just made my weekend!

A big “thank you” for doing this!

Chris
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Thank you very much Rinzler for this tour through the SFO! I've really enjoyed it.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I was there yesterday afternoon. Sal walked in and picked up one of the Watu's for some testing. I thought of asking him if it would be ok to take some pictures of them and post them on the Forum, but I didn't. Obviously, your video does a better job at showing the whole SFO. Thanks for posting it.
foofie

Post by foofie »

Thank you for taking us along for the tour. I especially enjoyed the commentary on big knives :D

If I ever make it there, I might get bounced half-way through by asking to handle every single knife/variant :o
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Thanks for the short virtual tour Rinzler, I really enjoyed it :)
AHarbuck

Post by AHarbuck »

Thx for posting. Been there once but was exhausted after a hike, hope to make it back sometime and take full advantage.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Bump for the virtual tour in the 2022 Product Guide.
Well, I'm not sure if it's an actual tour, but it definitely let's you virtually spin around inside the SFO.
Somebody put in the effort to make it. And that somebody is appreciated. Very cool!
The QR code is in the upper right hand corner of the Table of Contents page. On my Android phone, i can click on it and it goes to the launch page no problem. On my Android tablet i had to go to this page to launch it... https://ar.spyderco.com/?zid=z/fOcl1c&r ... &toolbar=0.
Don't forget to tap the Bugs :bug-red
•• Beau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Won't load for me, camera permission required and I'm funny about things like that.