Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
yablanowitz

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Post by yablanowitz »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:07 pm
I ordered one. Im really liking the police 4, its just such a good large slicer. Im really looking forward to the lightweight k390. I think it will be my beater police model. This one... will probably get some occasional use but I do plan on holding onto it.

Seems the police models dont get the love they deserve. Maybe people have a hard time with the price on this one.

A question though. Is this the first non-production (sprint/exclusive) police model Spyderco has done? If not is it the first non-production police 4? If so I think that makes it kind of special.
I believe it could be the first Sprint/Exclusive, at least for the P4. I think the carbon fiber and titanium Police Models were considered Sprint Runs, although that was before I started buying Spydies, so I could be wrong.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Note that the scales are noticeably thicker than the G10. I am a big fan of these... Still waiting on that bolstered Manbug Pakkawood! :D

Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

abbazaba wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 am
Still waiting on that bolstered Manbug Pakkawood! :D
That would be amazing!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

abbazaba wrote:
Note that the scales are noticeably thicker than the G10. I am a big fan of these... Still waiting on that bolstered Manbug Pakkawood! :D

Awesome pic! I really love the pakkawood models, too. I've got the Delica and Dragonfly, but would love to collect them all eventually. I hope they stick around!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
vivi

Post by vivi »

abbazaba wrote:

Didn't realize the scales were so thick. Makes me want one even more. I prefer the thickness of the FRN model but the texture of G10 better. This could be the best of both worlds....thicker scales than my G10 model, less abrasive texturing and easier draw than my FRN.
:unicorn
awa54

Post by awa54 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 am
Oh boy, here comes another $225 out of Julia's pocket! :p

...and with no cash in them, there might even be room for a P4 in those darned short pockets ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...