Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 am

Image

Haven't seen many of these on the forum or InstaG. Was sad to see the G-10 version disco'd. Though I'm sure the K390 Lightweight will be a hit. Anyways I figured I should grab one of these while I could. Tempted to grab a second one and customize it.

What can I say about this knife? I thought the police4 was comically large when I saw it. Thought the same when I got it in hand for the first time. But man does the roomy handle grow on you. And the long thin geometry... an unrivaled slicer. Sometimes you branch out and discover things where better off where you came from. Sometimes you find a new home.
I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 am

I think the Police would look like a folding sword in my small hands! But I do really love the pakkawood exclusives. I think the Endura might be "the big knife" from that line for me, though.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
Doc Dan
Member
Posts: 9657
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby Doc Dan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 am

Matt, that is a great looking knife. I’ve drooled over those before but had other things to buy. You ain’t makin’ things easy on me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)


NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

yablanowitz
Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Liberal, Kansas

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby yablanowitz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am

I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

Image

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am

yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

Image
:eek: Your hands are definitely XL compared to mine. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

yablanowitz
Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Liberal, Kansas

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby yablanowitz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Well, I *can* wear XL gloves, but it helps if they stretch.

User avatar
sal
Member
Posts: 13773
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Golden, Colorado USA

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby sal » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Hey Jack,

You put the swedge in? Is it sharp?

sal

BLUETYPEII
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm
Location: Mesa Arizona USA Earth

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby BLUETYPEII » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

Image
:eek: Your hands are definitely XL compared to mine. ;)
What size gloves do you ware Julia?
I could post some pics of the police 4 lightweight in hand later if you want me too.
:spyder: 18 Spyderco in 8 different steels, 1 Byrd and 16 “others” :spyder:

vivi
Member
Posts: 7428
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby vivi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm

I like the HAP40 blade steel but I'm not sure about a knife with wooden scales. Might pull the trigger on one if I get a Christmas bonus and they're still around. If nothing else I want to support further Police sprints.

PS - You all knew this was coming :D

Image

Feels made for my hand size (XL-XXL)
Last edited by vivi on Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current carry rotation:

Pacific Salt 2 LC200N | Manix XL M4 DLC | Aqua Salt

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

Image
:eek: Your hands are definitely XL compared to mine. ;)
What size gloves do you ware Julia?
I could post some pics of the police 4 lightweight in hand later if you want me too.
Thanks! I just got a new pair of MaxGrip gloves in size S/M.

I've got a Military that's already pretty big in my hands. The Police is ~1/2" bigger, right? I've also got a 4" legal limit in MO, and the perpetual issue of dinky women's pockets (the Millie is strictly a back pocket carry for me). I love the design and blade shape on the Police, but I think what I really want is for the Rookie to come back.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

vivi
Member
Posts: 7428
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby vivi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm

IWB is your ticket if you ever try the Police.
Current carry rotation:

Pacific Salt 2 LC200N | Manix XL M4 DLC | Aqua Salt

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:37 pm

vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm
I like the HAP40 blade steel but I'm not sure about a knife with wooden scales. Might pull the trigger on one if I get a Christmas bonus and they're still around. If nothing else I want to support further Police sprints.

PS - You all knew this was coming :D

Image

Feels made for my hand size.
From what I've read, and from my experience with it on the Delica, pakkawood is super durable, stable, and sweat- and waterproof.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

vivi
Member
Posts: 7428
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby vivi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:37 pm
vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm
I like the HAP40 blade steel but I'm not sure about a knife with wooden scales. Might pull the trigger on one if I get a Christmas bonus and they're still around. If nothing else I want to support further Police sprints.

PS - You all knew this was coming :D

Image

Feels made for my hand size.
From what I've read, and from my experience with it on the Delica, pakkawood is super durable, stable, and sweat- and waterproof.
Already ordered some Pacifics in LC200N but maybe next month I'll give it a shot :)
Current carry rotation:

Pacific Salt 2 LC200N | Manix XL M4 DLC | Aqua Salt

yablanowitz
Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Liberal, Kansas

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby yablanowitz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:05 pm
Hey Jack,

You put the swedge in? Is it sharp?

sal
Yes, I did that myself. I always loved the look on my Al Mar, so I decided to give it a shot. It turned out okay for my level of talent on a grinder. It isn't actually sharpened (half of it is exposed when the knife is closed) although I did fool around and get it about half as thick as the swedge on the classic blade.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby JuPaul » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm

vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm
IWB is your ticket if you ever try the Police.
Agreed.

This is the Millie in my hand. With the choil I'd call it like a 7-finger grip. ;) :D
Image
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:45 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 am
I think the Police would look like a folding sword in my small hands! ......
Here you go, I wear small gloves. What isn't readily apparent from the pics though is that the P4 is a very slim knife. It's very easy for me to get a solid hold on, and very comfortable in hand. Not awkward at all.
Image
I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

User avatar
p_atrick
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:35 pm
Location: Boston Area

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby p_atrick » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:54 pm

For me, the Police 4 was a revelation in how "small" it felt in hand and especially in pocket. I tried the Military in the past, and it wasn't for me. I am liking the P4 way more than I ever thought. It may not be for everybody, but I think it will surprise a lot of people.

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby Fireman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby Fireman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:23 pm

I am
jealous of your folding gladius in Rex 45
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm
vivi wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:35 pm
IWB is your ticket if you ever try the Police.
Agreed.

This is the Millie in my hand. With the choil I'd call it like a 7-finger grip. ;) :D
Image

BLUETYPEII
Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm
Location: Mesa Arizona USA Earth

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Postby BLUETYPEII » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:51 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

Image
:eek: Your hands are definitely XL compared to mine. ;)
What size gloves do you ware Julia?
I could post some pics of the police 4 lightweight in hand later if you want me too.
Thanks! I just got a new pair of MaxGrip gloves in size S/M.

I've got a Military that's already pretty big in my hands. The Police is ~1/2" bigger, right? I've also got a 4" legal limit in MO, and the perpetual issue of dinky women's pockets (the Millie is strictly a back pocket carry for me). I love the design and blade shape on the Police, but I think what I really want is for the Rookie to come back.
Ok Julia, here’s the pics I promised. I wear medium Mechanix gloves and they are tight on me, large still fit but are loose. Here’s the Police 4 lightweight & a teal Delica for size reference. As you can see I have plenty of room on this handle.

I like it, I wouldn’t change a thing.
I highly recommend them; it’s one of the few knives I would seriously consider getting a backup of.

(Sorry pic got turned & I don’t know how to fix it)
Attachments
732C5C08-48E5-4E24-B586-841792CFBA5D.jpeg
142F25CE-1AE2-48E7-B1AE-F914597752B4.jpeg
:spyder: 18 Spyderco in 8 different steels, 1 Byrd and 16 “others” :spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cooterbaldwin, Deadboxhero, JuPaul, legOFwhat?, Ratamaque and 97 guests