Gayle Bradley 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AH80s

Re: Gayle Bradley 2

Post by AH80s »

WRB wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:12 am
I totally missed that in your original post. My bad. The lock is definitely the low point in the design. I'd like to see a CQI where they make it easier to access and actuate and smooth out the pointy bits. The knife would be a 10/10
No problem. :)
I agree, the lock is the only negative for me and am still not sure whether it is design or the execution of it that is the issue.
As a sort of update I seem to be having more success with just by a different mental approach to closing it meaning lowering my expectations of being able to just close it like normal. For now using the fingernail and tip of thumb is better than the flat of the thumb as I was doing. Thanks for the reply.
Andrew
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Not that it's lock-related, but this would have been "the knife" for me if only aside from the lock stick, the dismal detent issue would also have been avoided. My detent is such that I can actually flick open the knife by just snapping my wrist with a moderate amount of force. If only my copy had a strong detent like the Goldens do, this might be my be-all end-all knife, if not a top 5 all time.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
AH80s

Post by AH80s »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:12 am
Not that it's lock-related, but this would have been "the knife" for me if only aside from the lock stick, the dismal detent issue would also have been avoided. My detent is such that I can actually flick open the knife by just snapping my wrist with a moderate amount of force. If only my copy had a strong detent like the Goldens do, this might be my be-all end-all knife, if not a top 5 all time.
Mine isn't that bad. Several really hard flicks can get it out but not fully to the locked position. Everything else is pretty much perfect for me as far as the blade and handle go, so for me it's a keeper regardless.
Andrew
kobold

Post by kobold »

My copy also had a lock stick, that persisted throughout the honeymoon phase. Now I am doing a one-knife-only-for-a-month challenge with it and the lock stick is gone. I mean, completely gone.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
AH80s

Post by AH80s »

kobold wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 am
My copy also had a lock stick, that persisted throughout the honeymoon phase. Now I am doing a one-knife-only-for-a-month challenge with it and the lock stick is gone. I mean, completely gone.
Thanks kobold for the reply. That’s great to know. I now use the fingernail and tip of my thumb, and I think I am feeling signs of improvement every now and then. :)
Andrew