Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Post by Wartstein »

ekastanis wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:55 pm
I just got one in SE, and I’m intrigued by the not-so-subtle differences in blade shape between this and the Endura 4 FFG: taller blade, larger Spydie hole set farther back into the ricasso, higher thumb ramp angle (due to both of the previous), slightly more jimping, more obtuse angle formed between blade and handle ]when open.
Interesting:

- "more obtuse angle formed between blade and handle" - you mean that the Pac Salt 2 has a more positive blade angle than the Endura? Have others who own both noticed that too?
Looks a bit like that in your pics, and would be something I´d not like in theory (since I prefer negative blade angles) - though if the case at all, I guess it is such a minor difference in the angle that one could hardly notice it in real use.

- I know the taller blade compared to the Endura already from my Pac Salt 1 and like that! (Taller blades generally)

- Steeper ramp: If I´d use thumb ramps (but I rarely do) I think I´d sightly prefer the flatter one on the Endura

- Then there is the a bit less pointy tip on the Pac Salt: I´ll have to try that in the ffg model, but I think I´ll like it over the Endura tip. Looks to be still pointy enough, but a bit stronger, and in the SE version (which I´ll get) the tip is pointier than on the PE anyway, due to the chisel grind.
And making the tip pointier is one of the easiest mods should need be.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I love the brilliant green color! I’m sorely tempted to get one to assuage the recent loss of my SE Endela. It’d be the lightweight sibling to my Caribbean. Awesome color, especially with the blacked out hardware.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bill1170 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:27 am
I love the brilliant green color! I’m sorely tempted to get one to assuage the recent loss of my SE Endela. It’d be the lightweight sibling to my Caribbean. Awesome color, especially with the blacked out hardware.

Sorry for your loss!

Though I have to say: As soon as I get my hands on that ffg Pac Salt SE, I think I won´t carry my Endela SE much anymore, as much as I do like it...
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:58 pm
Now the European stores say "December" concerning availability - that´s a perspective at least. :)
I’m pretty sure Lamnia said November at one time and K&T don’t even have it listed yet, as far as I can tell, so we could be aiming at a moving target here.

But a date estimate, however optimistic, certainly should imply that the wheels are turning somewhere in the background, and that something should pop out eventually
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:38 am
Wartstein wrote:
Now the European stores say "December" concerning availability - that´s a perspective at least. :)
I’m pretty sure Lamnia said November at one time and K&T don’t even have it listed yet, as far as I can tell, so we could be aiming at a moving target here.

But a date estimate, however optimistic, certainly should imply that the wheels are turning somewhere in the background, and that something should pop out eventually

Let´s hope we Euros will be able to open our Christmas-parcels with this knife already... :rolleyes:
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 am
aicolainen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:38 am
Wartstein wrote:

Let´s hope we Euros will be able to open our Christmas-parcels with this knife already... :rolleyes:
I assume this matter is top priority for Sal at the moment. I can't imagine he takes lightly on ruining Christmas for so many Europeans.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If helps to know US customer are seeing delays as well, then know that my order has been pushed to next year. 2020 has been a difficult year for manufacturing, so none of this is a surprise to me.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:11 am
If helps to know US customer are seeing delays as well, then know that my order has been pushed to next year. 2020 has been a difficult year for manufacturing, so none of this is a surprise to me.
Yes, I'm really not complaining at all. I do want the knife, but all my "crying" over the long wait is soaked in materialistic irony. Actually, the biggest surprise was how fast they were able to get that first batch out to US dealers.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 am
JRinFL wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:11 am
Yes, I'm really not complaining at all. I do want the knife, but all my "crying" over the long wait is soaked in materialistic irony. Actually, the biggest surprise was how fast they were able to get that first batch out to US dealers.

Same here.. not complaining at all! Just very exited for this knife and even more so glad that finally an Endura 4-ish, ffg, SE model really came to life!! :) I´ve been wanting such a knife for quite some time, no problem to wait a little longer now that I know I´ll have one in my hands eventually! :)
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:13 am
you mean that the Pac Salt 2 has a more positive blade angle than the Endura?
Yes, if positive angle is in the direction of opening, I think so, although I don’t believe the blade travels a larger arc from open to close (crudely measured with a pencil on a notepad). Here’s another illustration, I stood the handles up next to each other on a notepad with the blade hanging off the side of the pad. Sorry again for the terrible photography:

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ekastanis wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:13 am
you mean that the Pac Salt 2 has a more positive blade angle than the Endura?
Yes, if positive angle is in the direction of opening, I think so, although I don’t believe the blade travels a larger arc from open to close (crudely measured with a pencil on a notepad). Here’s another illustration, I stood the handles up next to each other on a notepad with the blade hanging off the side of the pad. Sorry again for the terrible photography:

Thanks a lot for taking the time, and actually a very creative and good way to show the different angles!! :)

Yes, your pic suggests that the Endura has indeed a more negative blade angle than the Pac Salt 2 (given that the handle shapes are exactly the same, which is the case as far as I know)
As said, generally I do prefer more negative blade angles, curious if I will be able to notice any difference in actual use when I finally get a Pac Salt 2 and will be able to compare it to the Endura.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Patiently waiting for the green salt Endela :eek: In spyderedge of course :spyder:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I've been carrying the Pac Salt at work, and I'm loving it. I've been seriously tempted to pick up the Atlantic, because that's likely the last time we'll see the handle using the barrel bolt.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm
I've been carrying the Pac Salt at work, and I'm loving it. I've been seriously tempted to pick up the Atlantic, because that's likely the last time we'll see the handle using the barrel bolt.

May I ask: What do you mean by that? I don´t understand (might be my lack in English)
James Y

Post by James Y »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 am
StuntZombie wrote:

May I ask: What do you mean by that? I don´t understand (might be my lack in English)

Warstein,

If I’m not mistaken, the ‘barrel bolt’ he’s referring to is the way the clip is affixed to the handle. The Delica 3, Endura 3, Pacific Salt 1, Salt 1, Atlantic Salt, etc., used the barrel bolt with the single large screw, instead of the three torx screws, to hold the clip in place.

Jim
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 am
StuntZombie wrote:

The Atlantic Salt uses a handle similar to the Gen 3 Endura. That one used a single barrel bolt to attach the clip, rather than the current four position, three screw clip.

As far as I know, the Atlantic Salt is the only currently manufactured knife that still uses that handle.

*EDIT* Oops, didn't realize someone had already answered that!
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Looking forward to one of these, hasn't reached the EU dealers yet, at least the ones I'm usually looking.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Looks like DLT has these in stock!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:53 pm
Looks like DLT has these in stock!
finally! :rolleyes: :D :D
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Knife center has re-stocked. That could of course mean they will show up in Europe soon, but I'll rather pay a wee bit more and know when I'll get it, so I just ordered from Knife center.
There are a few other KC items I've been wanting for a while as well, so that made the decision a bit less stupid